ASCO, a privately owned and independent Belgian company, began operations as a private subcontractor in 1954. The aeronautics division started in 1979 and is currently the only group activity. Today ASCO Industries is engaged in a broad range of development, engineering, manufacturing and assembly activities providing multidisciplinary subcontracting services to various markets and aerospace programs around the world.
Asco operates from four locations, Belgium, Canada, Germany and the United States of America with over 1,400 employees and a turnover exceeding 250 million euros. Asco produces over 2,500 assemblies every month and has the ambition to be a world leader in design and manufacture of high lift devices, complex mechanical assemblies and major functional components for the aerospace industry
The Key Equipment Investment Manager plans, coordinates and controls all Key Equipment investment across ASCO group.
He/she ensures technology watch for Machining technology and Robotization, automation.
He/she ensures definition and coordinate execution of maintenance strategy across the group for Key equipment.
1. Key Equipment Investments coordination
Ensures identification, cost evaluation and alignment of required CAPEX for “Key Equipment” (Machines and manufacturing equipment with cost greater than 300k€) across the group in support of Budgeted activity, Medium term plan and Strategy,using and improving existing processes such as “Sales & Operations”, “Bidding” or “Budget” processes, in collaboration with Finance, Industrialisation Director, Plant Directors and M&P Manager among others.
2. Key equipment Machine tools Investment
- Initiate investment dossiers aligned with the operational requirement identified in Sales & Operations process.
- Develop technical specifications for the equipment RFQ.
- Coordinate selection of supplier,
- Follow-up of supplier for all technical aspects of the investment dossiers in liaison with procurement, Infrastructure, Industrialisation and operations up to Final AT.
- Ensure that Industrialisation (ID) technical experts take on board the adequate Machine deployment within operations’ teams.
- Ensure readiness of maintenance teams across site.
3. Technology Watch Machine tools and Robotization solutions
Continuously monitor Innovations and developments in manufacturing technologies relevant for the group activities (Machining, assembly, automation) to provide ASCO with a competitive advantage when investment is to be triggered
Monitor industrial strategy and equipment from ASCO competitors, customers & suppliers and analyse this information to benchmark ASCO’s investment strategy.
4. Define maintenance strategy for Key Equipment machine tools & robotized systems and support execution
- In collaboration with Procurement and Maintenance managers of each sites, define strategy to maintain key equipment in condition to ensure most effective and cost competitive machines availability.
- Support and monitor effectiveness of Strategy execution.
- Act as focal for maintenance teams across the group for all technical questions on those machines.
- Accountable for Management of the Machine tools OEM’s relationship across the Group.
Asco offers a position in a professional and exciting environment with a unique training policy and opportunities to develop yourself. Besides this we offer an interesting salary package with extralegal advantages.