Dewulf is a leading global player and full-liner in machines for the cultivation of potatoes and root crops. With three locations - in Belgium, the Netherlands and Romania - the company leads the industry in the development and production of agricultural machinery for soil cultivation, planting, harvesting, storing, sorting and transport of potatoes and vegetables.
Dewulf is a family business with a rich 70 year history and is now under management of the third generation.
Innovation, reliability, enjoyable collaboration and assisting the customer in finding the most economical solution are the cornerstones of Dewulf’s business strategy.
In 2017, with a close-knit team of 280 employees, the group achieved a turnover of 65 million euros.
To grow further, we are looking to expand our Sales team with several new colleagues.
We are interested in hearing from candidates with a desire to learn all about the challenging world of sales and are looking for a
JUNIOR SALES MANAGER
You help develop commercial activities in geographic regions where the organisation is not yet present or is underrepresented, with the aim of expanding Dewulf's market share. Core responsibilities:
- Your base of operations is HQ in Roeselare (Belgium), and you first learn all the ins and outs of the job under the supervision of experienced Export Sales Managers. After about a year you begin to travel independently.
- You are involved in preparing the strategic Sales & Marketing plans for the regions in which the Export Sales Managers are active and helping the region achieve objectives.
- You learn how to develop a market, build relationships with customers and prospects and, later, set up dealer structures. You listen to their commercial needs, work out solutions and help organise marketing activities.
- You offer support for technical questions, training needs and after-sales services. You pick up signals from the market and discuss with your manager changes that could make our product range perform even better.
- You investigate market developments, analyse the market position of competitors and help question dealers, end customers and prospects to discover new opportunities in order to keep a step ahead of the competition.
- You learn to prepare proper quotations and negotiate with end customers and dealers, with whom we always strive to build long-term relationships.
- For customers, you organise user training sessions with the Factory Support department to improve knowledge about the capabilities of our machines.
- You report to an Export Sales Manager. Depending on your interest, competences and availability, you could advance to a position as a sales specialist for a particular region or country and, at a later stage, even to export sales manager with strategic and managerial authorities.
- You have a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) and solid technical knowledge.
- Experience or a keen interest in the agricultural world.
- You are hands-on and always willing to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty.
- You are a good communicator (written and oral) and can be very convincing. If you are fluent in multiple languages we can offer you wider career prospects.
- You work meticulously and methodically, and you enjoy negotiating.
- A stable, healthy growth company with a dynamic, challenging working environment.
- High quality, high performance capital goods that have proven their brand value in the market.
- Attractive remuneration package.
- Autonomy to expand your job responsibilities and be proud of your results.
- A team of enthusiastic, supportive colleagues.