Experis is a dedicated business unit of ManpowerGroup - a world leader in employment services for more than 70 years, and a recognized pioneer in the industry. At Experis, we operate in over 50 countries worldwide, deploying more than 38,000 skilled professionals every day and that's why over 80% of the Fortune Global 500 turn to us for the professional talent that will set them apart.
For one of the biggest international IT company we are looking for motivated/passionate starters in Java development. They are known for delivering consultancy services to their clients and partners active in different sectors.
Location: Mechelen or Brussels depending on the project.
- Delivering assigned tasks within the delivery cycle of an application development project. Tasks may include installing new systems applications; updating applications; performing configuration and testing activities; applications programming for assigned modules within a larger program.
- You will be working under supervision from the Technical lead/Project Manager or a Senior Developer to accomplish assigned tasks. At the same time contribute a design for specific deliverables and assist in the development of technical solutions.
- Job duties will include design, development and testing, using Java/J2EE technologies.
- Help maintain a rigorous software build and testing framework for continuous building and testing the developed software and keep track of failed builds or build issues.
- You will be part of a fast growing and exciting division whose culture is entrepreneurial, professional, rooted in teamwork and innovation.
- You will participates as part of a team and maintain good relationships with team members and customers.
- Academic Bachelor or Master Degree.
- None to 2 years of professional experience in Java/J2EE development.
- Functional/technical experience with Java/J2EE application development technologies and tools such as: Java, WebLogic Application Services, Wicket/HTML, Hibernate, Oracle Database/SQL, Maven, Sonar, Spring, XML/XSD, Web services, Junit/Mockito, Unix/Linux, Tomcat, etc.
- Basic understanding of modern software design and development methodologies such as: OO, UML, Agile Development, SCRUM, Unit-testing, etc.
- You have the ability to implement user-friendly product functionality, with an eye for design, performance, and overall user experience, taking advantage of your solid Java development knowledge.
- Focus on code quality (reuse, adhere to standards, etc.).
- Strong communication skills and the ability to learn quickly.
- Java certification is a plus.
- Language requirements: fluent in Dutch (oral and written) and English.
- Total compensation package including a company car, insurances, retirement programs and more.
- A company that values innovation and contribution, uncompromising integrity, trust, respect and teamwork, speed, focus, and accountability.
- You immediately start on customer's payroll with long term perspective and growth possibilities.