1. THE COMPANY
D’Ieteren Corporate is a team composed of 12 professionals handling the Investment Origination & Execution, Investment Management, Consolidated Finance & Tax, Legal and Investor Relations of D’Ieteren Group, a family-controlled, listed investment firm with more than 200 years of industrial tradition. D’Ieteren Group has currently three main participations:
• D'Ieteren Auto distributes Volkswagen, Audi, SEAT, Škoda, Bentley, Lamborghini, Bugatti, Porsche and Yamaha vehicles in Belgium. It is the country's number one car distributor, with a market share of around 21% and 1.2 million vehicles on the road at the end of 2017. Revenues amounted to EUR 3.3 billion in FY 2017.
• Belron (54% owned) is the worldwide leader in vehicle glass repair and replacement, trading under more than 10 major brands including Carglass®, Safelite® and Autoglass®. Belron is also expanding its services to focus on solving problems for people who need assistance with repairs to their vehicles and homes. Revenues amounted to EUR 3.5 billion in FY 2017.
• Moleskine is a premium and aspirational lifestyle brand which develops and sells iconic branded notebooks and writing, travel and reading accessories through a multichannel distribution strategy across more than 115 countries. Revenues amounted to EUR 155 million in FY 2017.
In addition, the group also has an important real estate portfolio that is actively managed by D’Ieteren Immo.
D’Ieteren Corporate has recently executed a series of significant transactions, starting with the acquisition of Moleskine (listed on the stock market in Milan) in 2016, the divestment of a 40% stake in Belron to Clayton Dubilier & Rice (CD&R) in 2017 and several debt financing exercises.
The D’Ieteren Corporate team, in collaboration with the family shareholders, is well positioned as a partner of choice for competent and ambitious management teams interested to adopt a long term vision. D’Ieteren Corporate aims at empowering management teams, respect their culture and autonomy and provide active support in matters relating to leadership, strategy, operational improvement and corporate finance.
Our philosophy and the multi-disciplinary team of D’Ieteren Corporate offer to our activities a future perspective of international development and value creation over the long term.
Junior Investment Professional | D'Ieteren Corporate | Brussels
2. POSITION DESCRIPTION
D’Ieteren Corporate has decided to reinforce its investment team in order to emphasize its deal origination effort with the ambition to acquire new activities.
The Junior Investment Professional will participate to the thorough analysis of particular sectors identified as promising, and the sourcing and the execution of M&A transactions in an international context, involving multiple stakeholders such as D’Ieteren Corporate team, D’Ieteren family shareholders, the selling shareholders, the management of the target company, consultants and bankers.
She or he will actively participate in the sourcing of potential acquisitions through detailed and deep strategic analysis of selected sectors through a pro-active and creative approach aimed at understanding and assessing fundamental market trends and market structure, competitive
environment and strategy and operational models of the main players, in a continuous effort to gather unique sector knowledge and identify relevant investment opportunities.
The Junior Investment Professional will also participate in the execution of potential acquisition of new activities for the Group. She or he will get involved in extensive due diligence, financial modelling, valuation and structuring of the transactions.
Through continuous development the Junior Investment Professional will also have the future opportunity to actively collaborate with the management teams of portfolio companies.
D’Ieteren provides a unique opportunity for someone to execute value creative international transactions. The Junior Investment Professional will gain invaluable private equity skills through sourcing and strategic analysis of sectors and investment opportunities, transactional execution and managerial decision-making on key aspects around M&A in existing activities.
3. TARGET CANDIDATE PROFILE
D’Ieteren Corporate is looking for a well-rounded individual with M&A, corporate finance or strategy consulting experience of 1 to 2 years.
She or he will have the following skills and personality traits:
- Communicates in a clear and structured way in both oral and written forms
- Team oriented, relationship-building skills and able to communicate with all levels of stakeholders
- Fluent in English and French required. Knowledge of Dutch, Italian or German is a significant advantage
Business Judgement & Soft skills
- Strong business sense and passionate about investing and working with management teams
- Enthusiast, committed, self-starter and personable team player with good sense of humour
Technical / analytical skills
- Superior analytical skills (including operational and financial modelling and elaboration of presentations)
- Strong understanding of financial concepts