Our client is a Japanese leading manufacturer and supplier of automotive and aircraft lighting systems worldwide, servicing the needs of most of the major motor manufacturers in Europe. They specialize in the manufacture of rear Automotive lighting, and this with energy-efficient and long-lasting LEDs as the light sources in the latest headlamps, rear combination lamps and other automotive lamps. To establish this, they have been conducting R&D on next-generation products.
To increase the design capability and expand the market in Europe, they are looking for a new team member in their Belgian office, Wijgmaal (m/f/x):
Junior Design Engineer
- The support of the exterior lighting design, together with the Japanese designers (head lamp, tail lamp etc.)
- Ensuring quick output for the European customers through quick study, 3D data modification and simulations
- Optical simulator operation and analysis of the process
- Creating 2D drawing, presentations or documents for the European customers
- Joining the design review in the Czech or UK plant together with the design team
- General support for the Japanese design team
- You obtained a bachelor’s degree or are equivalent through experience
- You are proficient in the use of AutoCAD, Inventor, Catia V5 or similar software packages
- Experience and knowledge of the automotive industry or vehicle lighting design would be an advantage
- You are fluent in English, knowledge of Japanese would be a great plus
- Good communication skills with (Japanese) colleagues, plant members and customers
Our client offers a competitive salary with an extra-legal package. You will be able to work in an international environment with career opportunities ahead of you.