Our client, a rapidly growing consulting firm active in the financial industry, is looking to recruit a new (Junior) Business Development Manager. This can be either a junior profile, or someone who already has a few years of experience within this field.
(Junior) Business Development Manager
This is an exciting opportunity for those that are eager to advance their career and enjoy working on challenging projects. In this role you will be using your competencies and interpersonal skills to develop your client portfolio and further build your team. This, of course, with guidance and mentorship from senior colleagues within the organization. We are looking for someone with a hunting mindset, who is always on the lookout for new business opportunities. Your main responsibilities will be focused on three key areas: business development, recruitment and general/people management.
- Develop your client & prospect network by active prospections.
- Organize & lead client meetings, presenting the organization's expertise
- Develop your own project portfolio, and efficiently follow up your projects
- Negotiate with clients & purchasing departments
- Respond to RFP's and coordinate team efforts when dealing with complex proposals
- Work closely with your colleagues in order to improve your efficiency and share best-practices
- Identify suitable candidates using various online sources (Linkedin, job sites), as well as exploring your own networks
- Organize and lead interviews; motivate high-potential candidates to join your team
- Manage your consultant team, ensure their financial knowledge is up-to-date and is further developed, follow-up projects
- Organize trainings and evaluations, ensure their wellbeing and involvement within the company
- Provide input concerning the internal structure, procedures, best-practices, strategy…
- You have a Master's degree, with a first relevant professional experience
- You have an interest in learning about different sectors, its products and market trends without necessarily being an expert.
- You speak Excellent Dutch and English, and have a good understanding of French
- You have a client-oriented attitude and strong communication skills (also towards senior management)
- You are dynamic, diplomatic, convincing and forward thinking
- You have strong analytical skills and a good amount of creativity
- An initial experience in business development or sales is a strong plus.
- A previous experience in a consulting firm is a strong plus.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone ready to take the next step in their career, and gain a first managerial experience. Our client offers an attractive salary package with extralegal benefits.