4 of 8Next
Our client is a major global actor within the trading of chemical products.
They have a strong presence worldwide and in order to sustain their constant growth within the EMEA scope - they are currently looking for a new Trading & Commercial Manager on Basic Chemical products.
Trading & Commercial Manager - Chemical Industry
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Sustain and add value to existing clients.
- Explore new contracts and business models.
- Identify and manage various risks, grasp and monitor the position (credit, commodity long-short, etc).
- Planning, negotiating with suppliers/customers and executing sales/purchase contracts for trading activities (purchase - sales - logistics - collection).
The key area is likely to be Polyester Chain domain (mainly MEG, PTA, PET) and Olefins domain (mainly Propylene and Butadiene) in principle within EMEA region.
- Focus on quality of service, business growth and customer satisfaction.
- Supervise operational business process such as documentation, technical liaison, inventory management & credit management in cooperation with business assistants.
- Find and develop new investment and/or business opportunity in various products and fields, mainly Chemicals domain to pile up good assets for the company.
- Monitor, analize and report on basic chemicals industry and market developments, trends and competitor activities.
- Develop marketing strategy.
- Prompt, regular reporting and consultation with GM and related Departments.
The successful candidate will have the following requirements:
- At least 3 years' experience in trading activities, preferably in the chemicals sector
- Bachelor or Master degree in commercial and/or Industrial sciences.
- Experience in investment/project management in multinational companies.
- Fluent in English & Dutch - French would be a strong asset.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Basic IT skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Strong motivation to seek for new investment opportunity
- Ability to find/dig deeply the potential area of growth and assess the risk
- Marketing and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of trade terms
- Flexible and a team-player
The successful candidate will have:
- The chance to join a major player on the Chemical trading market.
- Multiple growing opportunities within an organization that value organic growth and personal development.
- An attractive salary package in line with his experience.
+32 2 509 45 70
Place du Champ de Mars 5
This address could not be found.
We could not find a route between the two addresses.
Others also viewed
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
58 days left to apply
- Function type: Business development
- Sector: Chemistry and Pharmacie
- All jobs via Michael Page Brussels Finance
- Bachelor following Bachelor
- At least 2 years experience
- Company car