5 of 6Next
Flanders Make is the strategic research centre for the manufacturing industry. From our sites in Lommel, Leuven and Kortrijk, we stimulate open innovation through excellent research.
Our purpose: realising a top-level research network in Flanders that delivers full support to the innovation projects of manufacturing companies. This way, we want to contribute to new products and production processes that help to realise the vehicles, machines and factories of the future.
Because of our unique position between industry and research, our teams combine application and system proficiency with technological and scientific knowledge.
We focus on 4 key competences, all based on modelling and virtualisation:
1. Decision & Control
2. Design and optimisation
3. Motion product specification, architecture and validation
4. Flexible assembly specification, architecture and validation
Technical Project Manager Industry 4.0
Flanders Make researchers discover new grounds in smart and interconnected cyber-physical systems (products and production systems). Production companies aim to reach higher operational performance at a lower cost, using new technologies to monitor the state of their machines in operation, with a faster detection and resolution of anomalies.
In several upcoming projects, sensor data will be used to create digital twins. We enable smart machines to learn from historical events and predict the future. Some digital twins share valuable insights for the design and development of next-generation products.
Take the technical lead of innovative projects and ensure industrial relevance
As a Technical Project Manager, you steer the execution of industry-driven technology research projects. The purpose is to bring tomorrow’s possibilities of the Industry 4.0 technology, such as digitisation & ‘digital twins’, closer to the production reality in our manufacturing industry.
- Take the technical lead and encourage researchers with expertise in sensing, monitoring, control and decision-making to look for new solutions. Challenges include data acquisition, condition monitoring in industrial environments, sensor fusion, cloud connectivity, artificial intelligence (a/o machine learning)…
- Build a collective ambition for your projects with all stakeholders, i.e. the relevant user groups (Automotive and Machine Building Companies) and knowledge partners (Research Labs at Partner Universities);
- Strive for an excellent execution and lead the project team;
- Ensure that project results are both industrially relevant and scientifically excellent.
- A PhD or Master’s degree in a relevant technical domain;
- Teaming skills & coaching skills for researchers;
- Project management skills;
- A constructive and open management style (empathic and assertive communication);
- At least 5 to 10 years of relevant experience in an academic or industrial context;
- Proven expertise in modelling & virtualization;
- A strong link with one of the research domains of Flanders Make, e.g. Decision & Control (sensing, monitoring, control or decision-making).
“As a technical project manager, you spend time discussing and challenging people. … I learned never to make conclusions in a premature phase. … I give input to challenge researchers and make sure we are looking beyond the current possibilities.”
(Abdel, Technical project manager since 2012 @ Flanders Make)
“Working together with so many partners (private and academic) keeps your scope quite open. My territory is never narrowed down to one specific technical detail.….” (Chris, Technical project manager since 2016 @ Flanders Make)
To apply, please fill in the online application form and upload a motivation letter and cv.
Others also viewed
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
16 days left to apply
- Function type: Project leader R&D
- Sector: Science and Research
- Depending on your place of residence or preference, you can work in our offices in Leuven, Lommel or Kortrijk (flexible workplace policy).
- All jobs at Flanders Make vzw
- Master (University or Higher Education Long Type)
- At least 5 years experience
- Interim optional fixed contract
- Group insurance
- Meal vouchers
- GSM & smartphone
- Remote work
- Furlough leave