7 of 13Next
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
BASF Antwerpen NV is the second largest production site of BASF worldwide and the largest chemical company in Belgium. Our 3000 colleagues ensure the management of production, logistics, technical, lab and energy as well as a great number of services such as safety, environment, finances and communication. We are offering a wide range of carreer opportunities both in Belgium and internationally.
Teamlead automation systems
With a team of motivated and highly qualified engineers and technicians we deliver automation services for the process control and safety systems on the installed base at BASF. A significant part of the group has his focus on the safety systems and on the large amount of PLC's. As the teamlead for this group, your responsibilities will be the following:
- You will oversee the available capacity, in combination with the ongoing and upcoming work volumes, and you will align both.
- Thanks to your technical background, you have a clear view on the job contents in terms of quantities and complexity.
- You organize and coordinate the activities of the team members.
- You enforce company policies, procedures, regulations and guidelines.
- You will ensure continuous improvement, as well on efficiency, quality and cost.
- Securing and developing the necessary expertise among the team members, including building up new insights and knowledge and sharing them.
- You will address occurring problems and/or vulnerabilities and you will lead the necessary corrective actions and will follow-up on the implementations.
- You will communicate both with suppliers/service providers and internal customers on work progress, quality, cost and timings. Proactive attitude in case of deviations, problems.
- You participate in the Technical Community (top-down and bottom-up), both locally and globally.
- You will establish regular consultation moments, as well technology oriented as Vendor-related.
- The target groups are the different user communities, Asset-, Maintenance- and Process Managers, TA-supervisors, central service specialists and engineering.
- The periodically evaluation, optimization and adjustment of service level agreements is within your responsibility.
- You have obtained minimal a Bachelor and preferable a Master degree in automation or comparable qualified based on your experience.
- You have gained your experience in the world of process automation and safety.
- In this context you have been in contact with customary technologies and systems like HIMA, Schneider Electric - Triconex, Honeywell FSC (legacy) and Siemens PLC's.
- Profound knowledge of- and affinity with Functional Safety/ Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) and Information Protection/ Automation Security is expected.
- You are able to understand the expectations of the internal customers from Operations (chemical production plants) and logistics.
- Your efforts to find safe and sustainable solutions are facilitated by your interest in innovation and 'out of the box' way of thinking.
- Leadership skills to manage, coach and motivate an expert team.
- You are flexible, a good team player and have excellent communication skills.
- You speak Dutch and English fluently.
We offer a multi-faceted challenge with responsibilities in a successful and dynamic high technology company that highly values lifelong learning and development. BASF offers a competitive compensation including attractive benefits.
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.
Others also viewed
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
51 days left to apply
- Function type: Teamleader / foreman
- Sector: Chemistry and Pharmacie
- Antwerp & Port of Antwerp
- All jobs at BASF Antwerpen NV