USG Professionals connects the expertise and ambitions of highly educated professionals with the challenges of clients, in six different fields: Engineering, Science, ICT, HR, Legal and Finance. We help our clients with temporary needs (outsourcing) and with the permanent filling of open positions (recruitment).
Are you looking for variation in your job and do you have an affinity with one of our specialist areas? Then this function is also made for you!
System Support Engineer/Admin (INFORMATICA)
Your main task & responsibilities are :
- Give Informatica guidance from an IT development perspective to different Rainbow development & data integration teams.
- Installing, maintaining and configuring the Informatica applications/tools/versions is 1 of your main activities.
Our client expects hands-on knowledge and problem solving capabilities to ensure that the environments/tools that are set up from an infrastructure point of view can effectively be used by developers.
They are looking for an experienced system engineer who has broad experience with ETL tooling like Informatica from an infrastructure perspective (we DO NOT search for an ETL developer).
Together with the System architect you will draft the Informatica roadmap (develop vision, strategy, planning) for the new Rainbow platform and take care of the follow-up of the implementation of this roadmap.
- Give advice and support towards solution designs
- Share the best practices with the other Rainbow teams.
- Take contact with the Informatica labs to get incidents & problems solved.
They are looking for an experienced system engineer who has broad experience from an infrastructure perspective preferably in a data intelligence environment. This assignment will offer you the opportunity to learn about the new tools and the new technologies in a broad environment.
If you don't have the required expertise in all the various sub-domains, they will provide appropriate training and coaching.
- You have good analytical skills
- Our client' programme is a fast emerging program that requires flexibility in objectives & priorities which asks for an open and solution oriented mentality.
- You will become a content authority who you can convince people based on technical knowhow & common sense.
- You inspire others, build up relationships and give trust.
- Working in a team gives you energy.
- You dare to challenge the stakeholders and the team being fully committed to strive to the best approach.
- A self-starter, who can work independently with the necessary technical skills and broad experience in infrastructure and preferably data intelligence
- You are fluent in English.
- Knowledge of active directory, identity mgt, release processes
- Have the necessary technical skills and broad experience in open systems environment (trainings in specific rainbow tools (*) will be provided)
- Good communicator - English- able to convince colleagues and challenge proposals in a constructive and diplomatic way.
(*) specific Tools used in rainbow
- Data base : Teradata
- ETL : Informatica BDM
- SQL (depending on technology of source system – Teradata, Oracle, MS SQL)
You will have the opportunity to be part of a fast-growing company with a clear vision and you will be supported by a team of experts who are ready to achieve the objectives together with you. You will work in a pleasant, positive atmosphere within a strong and professional company. We offer you a training programme tailored to your own pace and ambitions. You will receive a competitive salary package with a lot of extra legal benefits such as a company car, daily allowance, telephone contract, hospitalization insurance, ... As a creative employee, we can also grant you copyright allowances. But above all, we ensure that your future is secure and that you can work with the latest technologies. If you are hesitating between a job as an employee or as a freelancer, we can also guide you so that you can take the step to freelancing in all confidence.