Supply Chain & Quality Manager
- Unique Office
- Permanent, Full-time
Supply Chain & Quality Manager
Our client provides machines and equipment for industrial sector.
The Supply Chain & Quality Manager is responsible for the on-time delivery of cost effective and quality supplies for International as it relates to component sourcing of high-quality packaging machinery.
- Leadership and hands-on participation in department activities including daily production purchasing.
- Negotiates, establishes, and manages supplier contracts. Ensures suppliers are compliant to regulatory requirements and expectations.
- Ensures and controls, the quality of the product supplied from external parties.
- Define and implement quality control procedures.
- Monitors planning and buying practices to obtain the best price and delivery performance, balanced with controlling inventory investment.
- Works directly with product development and engineering teams to support sourcing activities and supplier selection.
- Ensures that a favorable company image is presented to suppliers, and that all supplier relationships are based on honesty and integrity to obtain favorable terms, desired quality, and timely deliveries.
- Coordinates Purchasing, Inventory Control, and material handling activities with the other company personnel as appropriate. Creates an environment which promotes teamwork and supports operations and company goals and objectives.
- Evaluates inventory control information systems for effectiveness. Identify and implement improvements.
- Leads changes in inventory as necessitated by outside influences such as shortages or factors such as forecast changes, lead-time changes, engineering changes, and part usage changes.
- Collaborates with Engineering, Manufacturing, and Quality to achieve cost reduction targets.
- Promotes continual improvement in all aspects of department operations.
- Evaluates, establish and monitor department goals, objectives and measurements ensuring their relevance in driving desired results. Continually measures, monitors, and analyzes supplier quality, delivery, and service performance. Coordinates corrective action as required.
- Managing Organizational Performance
- Strategic Orientation
- Customer Focus
- Business Acumen
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Measurement
- At least 3+ years of experience in technical procurement or supply chain management.
- 3+ years of leadership experience managing a group of supply chain professionals.
- APICs certification would be a plus.
- EPICOR or MS Dynamics/Navision or M2M experience preferred.
- Direct experience in purchasing mechanical components, sheet metal and electronics.
- Hands on manager that is willing do the same work as their staff.
- Knowledge of Production and Inventory Control functions.
- Experience with Lean concepts and tools preferred.
- Knowledge of advanced purchasing and manufacturing systems.
- Strong analytical, administrative, and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing in English with a wide variety of company personnel, suppliers, and others.
- Open to travel up to 20% as required.
The position is an office-based position with regular visits to all the manufacturing areas and suppliers.
This address could not be found.
We could not find a route between the two addresses.
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
- Professional bachelor (Higher Education Short Type)
- At least 2 years experience
- Dutch, English, French
- 30 October
Receive jobs by e-mail
Receive new 'Logistics' jobs in Brussels straight to your mailbox.