Site Operations Manager
- Atalian Global Services België
- Permanent, Full-time
Site Operations Manager
We are currently recruiting the role of Site Operations Manager to help establish and lead the QPDI operation at Antwerp port. This is an exciting opportunity to join a company who pride themselves on being established automotive specialists with a culture and track record of continually exceeding our customer expectations.
The QPDI to be set up and launched at an existing port facility and will involve high volume vehicle inspection and repair. The team will inspect each vehicle according to a predetermined check list and look for other additional defects. If required, the vehicles will then be repaired by the team of skilled technicians which include electrical, mechanical, body and paint repair. Objective of the operation is to process the vehicles to the highest standards and in line with the output daily volume targets set by the final customer.
- Set-up and Launch of the QPDI – Work with the project team, the port processing company and the final customer to help design and implement the QPDI ready for launch in January 2021. This will also include assisting in the recruitment/selection of the core team such as the team leaders working with Atalian Belgium contacts and staffing agencies as required.
- Coordination and Supervision - Coordinate, manage and continually improve the QPDI operation. Improvements in safety, process, efficiency, productivity, quality, people and cost.
- Quality – Ensure the QPDI personnel and processes deliver to the quality requirements of the customer. This includes ensuring the workforce have the right skills, capabilities and experience to perform the required tasks. Use six sigma techniques and tools for process improvement.
- Health & Safety – Lead by example and ensure working practices and controls deliver the highest levels of H&S through-out the operation. H&S of the workforce to be the top priority.
- Financial - Review financial statements and data. Utilize financial data to improve profitability. Prepare and control operational budgets. Control inventory. Plan effective strategies for the financial well-being of the company. Establish efficiency improvement initiatives to reduce operational costs.
- Best Practices - Improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals. Formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output and overall performance. Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
- Work Planning – Coordinating with the customer put in place processes for workload planning. Based on forecast for incoming vehicle shipments plan the QPDI resource requirements accordingly.
- Human Resources - Plan the use of human resources. Organize recruitment and placement of required staff. Establish organizational structures. Delegate tasks and accountabilities. Establish work schedules. Supervise staff. Monitor and evaluate performance.
- Performance Reporting – Establish Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in line with customer requirements. Ensure the KPI reports are updated and distributed in accordance with the frequency set by the customer. Develop internal process KPIs for tracking of in-process performance (inspection, repairs, vehicle inventory, through-put, vehicle aging, parts ordering, etc.)
- Production - Coordinate and monitor the work of various departments involved in the day to day business. Monitor performance and implement improvements. Ensure quality of products. Manage quality and quantity of employee productivity. Manage maintenance of equipment and machinery. Provide technical support where necessary.
- Sales, Marketing and Customer Service - Manage customer support. Plan and support sales and marketing activities as required.
- Strategic Input - Close Liaison with the port processing team and the final customer contacts. Assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity. Implement and manage operational plans.
- Educated to Engineering Degree level preferred (Automotive/Manufacturing/Industrial)
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma problem solving (Green Belt preferred)
- Skills and experience of Lean practices
- Minimum 10 years’ automotive industry experience
- Minimum 5 years’ supervisory/managerial experience
- Working knowledge of Internal product and process audits to ISO / TS 16949
- Good IT Skills / Microsoft Skills
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- Flexibility to work on other sites in the local area if required
- Flexibility to travel to customer locations for meetings, workshops, benchmarking, training, etc. as required
- Foreign languages: Excellent level of English.
This address could not be found.
We could not find a route between the two addresses.
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
- Master (University or Higher Education Long Type)
- Dutch, English
- 28 December
Receive jobs by e-mail
Receive new 'Executive board & management' jobs straight to your mailbox.