- Brussels - European district
- Permanent, Full-time
As a Senior Risk Underwriter, you will be responsible for the structuring (including credit risk assessment) and closing of new insurance project in a competitive and international insurance environment.
- You will have a wide field of action: export finance, project finance, (structured) commodity finance, etc.
You will manage and develop key client and or broker relations, both domestic as abroad, and will be responsible for the negotiation with such clients to detect value-added business opportunities and manage the clients’ expectations.
You will take part in the credit or underwriting decision process, either as an autonomous decision-maker or as a provider of founded proposals towards the appropriate decision-making bodies.
You will proactively follow up the insurance projects and provide the clients with innovative, tailor-made solutions.
You will assist and coach other members within the department in their learning process and contribute to the transfer of knowledge.
- Alongside the underwriting tasks, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of in-hose projects.
You have a Master's degree in economics, applied economics or business engineering. An additional training in finance or international trade is an asset.
You have at least 3 years of experience in the financial sector.
You have a good command of English as to perform in an international environment as well an acceptable knowledge of Dutch and/or French.
You combine a strong analytical mindset with a sense of synthesis and good editorial skills.
You are well organised, accurate and able to cope with tight deadlines.
You like working autonomously and show team spirit.
- You have a broad interest in international trade, politics, commodity markets and emerging economies.
You have a commercial approach and experience in negotiating, and you are solution-oriented.
To enhance and develop the client relationship, you are willing to occasionally travel abroad.
- A full-time permanent contract in a stable, multilingual and international environment.
- A job with many social contacts and variety.
- Continuous learning opportunities to develop your talents.
- An attractive salary supplemented by a number of fringe benefits (meal vouchers, hospitalisation insurance, extralegal pension, mobility budget, flex reward etc.).
- Our Belgian offices are located in the centre of Brussels, easily accessible by public transport.
This address could not be found.
We could not find a route between the two addresses.
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
- Master (University or Higher Education Long Type)
- At least 2 years experience
- Dutch, English, French
- 8 October
Receive jobs by e-mail
Receive new 'Investor' jobs in Brussels straight to your mailbox.