- Sony Europe Ltd
- Permanent, Full-time
The project targets researching behavioral algorithms in order to create novel user experiences for Sony products and strengthen Sony’s patent position. The project includes prototyping in order to validate the new ideas in practical use cases. If the project is successful, it will possibly give rise to subsequent development projects at Techsoft where the technology is further developed and brought to product level ready for integration into Sony products.
Key Responsibilities & Scope for Decision Making
- Follow up the research literature in the technological area of the project
- Research new algorithms that create new user experiences for Sony products and that provide good authentication accuracy
- Develop prototypes for the proposed new techniques
- Evaluate usability of the proposed techniques through hypothesis validation and usability testing
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master or PhD degree
- 2+ years of research activities in a company or university involving prototyping in software and preferably in the area of affective computing or physiological signal processing
- Strong background in statistics
- Background or keen interest in machine learning
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience with generating ideas for patent creation
HIGHLY DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE
- Good Software Engineering skills, insights, and experience
- Mastery of an interpreted language like Python or Ruby
Apart from these pure technical skills, the ideal candidate should also possess:
- The ability to be productive in a team, to assist and guide other team members when required, and to help improve the team's productivity
- The ability to work independently and pro-actively
- A strong quality orientation, combined with a pragmatic attitude to deliver
- Strong command of English
- Excellent presentation, communication and writing skills
This address could not be found.
We could not find a route between the two addresses.
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
- 11 December
Receive jobs by e-mail
Receive new 'Research & development, Management' jobs in Flemish Brabant straight to your mailbox.