Senior Development Chemist
- Eastern Flanders
- Permanent, Full-time
Senior Development Chemist
Do you have strong analytical skills and an intellectual curiosity?
Look at this interesting job opportunity!
Arteco, a joint adventure between Chevron and Total, is a young and dynamic chemical company and leader in its market segment. The company develops and manufactures quality antifreeze coolants and heat transfer fluids for automotive and industrials applications.
The company has international activities and a strong focus on R&D. For its office in Ghent, Arteco is currently looking for a senior development technologist.
- You develop product formulations that meet market global, regional and/or key OEM requirements in alignment with the business plan. For the introduction of new technologies, you support the Sales team and act as principal technologist towards the customer.
- You develop long-term technical relationships with industry driver and academic partners and can play an active role in joint projects.
- You take the lead in the coordination of the testing programs and use your acquired skills to provide guidance and coaching to lab technicians and other colleagues.
- On an ad hoc basis, you are involved as technology expert in manufacturing, marketing and sales activities.
- You will monitor closely relevant new developments and trends in the external world for your projects (patent research, literature, exhibitions…).
- You lead applied research programs in relevant chemical technology domains, such as additive, and create relevant IP proposals.
- You act as an ambassador for the Arteco values, Code of Conduct and policies.
- You hold a Master or PhD degree in Chemistry or have mastered a similar profile through experience (e.g. developing chemical formulations and/or studied the effects of additives).
- Preferably you have 5 to 10 years of relevant experience, such as stabilization of additives in aqueous environments.
- You are fluent in English (written and spoken). Knowledge of Dutch will have an added value in the interactions with the lab.
- You have strong and in-depth scientific knowledge and good technical insights.
- Your creative and analytical skills will lead to success in this position.
- You are based in Belgium or one of the neighboring countries. Your work location will be in our headquarters in Sint-Denijs-Westrem.
Arteco offers you a challenging role in a growing and financially sound company. You will be working in an international environment with high quality and safety standards. You will join a dynamic team who values independent thinking and teamwork.
At Arteco, they believe people are key to our success, and they support them by giving opportunities for personal development and growth. Arteco offers a competitive salary package, group insurance, health insurance, meal vouchers, a large vacation entitlement, the possibility to work from home 1 day per week…
Apply now by sending your resume with cover letter in English to us.
Ing. Nathalie Thienpont
Sales & Recruitment Consultant - AUSY Engineering
Pauline Van Pottelsberghelaan 12 - 9051 Sint-Denijs-Westrem
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
- Secondary education
- 5 January
Receive jobs by e-mail
Receive new 'Research & development' jobs in Eastern Flanders straight to your mailbox.