Senior Data Engineer
- USG Professionals
- Flemish Brabant
- Permanent, Full-time
Senior Data Engineer
Are you looking for an employer to guide your ICT skills in the right direction? Are you impatient to let your dynamism and ambition bear fruit in difficult projects? This is what we offer you at USG ICT, because we make the most of your knowledge and skills. Your mission: to carry out various missions and thus strengthen the results of our customers. Freelancers are also welcome !!!
Passionate about Big Data? Then you've come to the right place.
The 'red thread' within their SAFE Data trains is the development of and support for DI solutions. They set up Big Data solutions with their specific tools & technologies (Python, Spark, Scala, Hadoop, ...). With the evolution towards a data driven organization, the intensive use of commercial data and data analysis has become a strategic core competence of our client.
Together with their business partners they are building and managing multiple new high-quality data layers (Commercial data, Risk data, etc.) that contain correct and consistent data, based on unambiguous definitions, compliant with the new GDPR legislation and that can be accessed at the right time in the right form and through the right channel. These new Data Layers will be developed on a Big Data platform with their specific tools & technologies.
Their internal customer's needs are strongly driven from an optimal customer experience that is very diverse and unstable. The ability as an organization to respond quickly and flexibly to this sets our client apart from the competition.
As a Senior Data Engineer - Big Data, you and your colleagues will be responsible for the technical and architectural design and implementation (both create and maintain) of the new KBC Commercial Data Layer (Big Data) and supporting framework.
- Supporting our Business in the setup and maintenance of the new Commercial Data Layer.
- Technical implementation of new data feeds, performing ETL tasks and following up on jobscheduling, release planning and knowledge transfer and retention.
- Focus most be on building high quality data pipelines and data layer with high quality and performant coding. ? Development with focus on test driven approach.
- You as an expert are also the coach for the others who do the data and software engineering.
- Technical support to other roles within the Big Data setup from a data and development point of view with focus on building a future proof high quality data platform.
- Further extend, support and manage the parameterized ELT framework to transform and transport data within the various data layers.
- Help propagate the more IT technical issues within our train, help build the knowledge around this matter and provide support. Help with the stability of our environment .
For this domain they are looking for additional motivated Senior Data Engineers - Big Data with expert knowledge of the tools and technologies used in Big Data such as Hadoop, Spark, OO, Python scripting, Squid, Json, Scala,... and knowledge of micro-services and the associated techniques (Docker, Openshift, Kibana, Grafana, ...).
Talent must be pampered. That is why we not only offer you a permanent contract of indefinite duration in exchange for your knowledge and commitment. We also act as your career planner and look for the best opportunities, training and growth opportunities for you. In addition to your competitive salary, you will receive a lot of fringe benefits (daily allowance, group and hospitalization insurance, company car, ...). Are you a freelancer? Of course you are also eligible and will receive a competitive rate.
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
- Professional bachelor (Higher Education Short Type)
- At least 5 years experience
- Dutch, English
- 30 April
Receive jobs by e-mail
Receive new 'Application development' jobs in Flemish Brabant straight to your mailbox.