2 of 4Next
Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world’s leading clean, engine technology. We’re also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right.
Our Corporate Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you’ll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Accountant to join our Rumst office. You will work within a team of 5 leading the inventory processes that include annual standard costings, inventory accounting and inventory reserves and evaluating business processes to identify risks and internal control gaps.
- Involved in month end close and account reconciliations in assigned areas (mostly around
- Analyze, record and report accounting transactions in a timely manner.
- Prepare general ledger entries and account reconciliations.
- Prepare balance sheet and profit and loss statements, consolidated financial statements, and other accounting schedules and reports.
- Establish, account for and maintain reconciliation of accrued and deferred expenses around reconditioned parts
- Responsible for the annual standard cost update process and maintenance of standard costs
- Identify training needs for yourself and assist in the delivery of the training in own sub-process or any other.
- You ensure that the prescribed related cycle internal & SOX controls are executed in order to guarantee completeness, correctness, and security of key financial data and accounting transactions.
- Review existing internal controls on a regular basis and develops new internal controls as necessary.
- Analyzes current procedures and recommends changes to develop and implement best practice accounting procedures
- Respond to inquiries received from management, internal and external auditors, Sarbanes-Oxley audit group and others regarding financial results, special reporting requests, etc.
- Participate in project(s) to support the implementation of new business developments when required and will work on improving the processes around the assigned areas.
- Liaise with other operational teams in the organization, both locally, within the region and globally.
- Fluent business English skills are essential and Dutch would be beneficial but is not essential
- Experience in accounting is required for this role
- Experience in standard costing processes
- Continuous improvement or project experience would be beneficial but is not essential
- SOX controls would be beneficial but is not essential
- Industry experience within manufacturing or aftermarket sales would be ideal
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
- Degree qualified in relevant Accounting or Finance subject
At Cummins, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and we are committed to a policy of treating all our employees and job applicants equally. No employee or potential employee will receive less favourable treatment because of any protected characteristic.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
Others also viewed
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
21 days left to apply
- Function type: Accounting
- Sector: Finances and insurance
- Rumst (location)
- All jobs at Cummins
- Academic Bachelor
- At least 2 years experience
- Meal vouchers
- Individual hospital insurance