4 of 7Next
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. Embracing new trends and harnessing decades of experience, we've earned our place at the forefront of the legal industry. Our partners are recognised as leaders in their field and our deals and cases often make headline business news. As a result, we've developed a reputation for delivering excellence, in all that we do. Today, we're continuing to break new ground. By embracing new ways of thinking and integrating technology into our everyday work, we've been named as the Most Innovative Law Firm in Europe by the Financial Times five times.
Join our team and you'll be part of a flexible, inclusive culture underpinned by openness and acceptance. We're driven by the belief that, to perform, people need support and space to collaborate. By combining those values with an ambitious outlook, we can give you the opportunity to thrive.
Revenue & Working Capital Controller
The Revenue Controllers liaise with Partners and Lawyers to ensure bills are rendered on time and accurately and ensure the firm adheres to client agreements, VAT and other relevant regulations. The role has responsibility for assisting with controlling the office's "Work In Progress" asset (unbilled fees) and ensuring that both partners and clients receive accurate and timely financial information.
Role and responsibilities
- Meet with partners at least monthly to review current matters and ensure the information necessary for invoicing is provided
- Assist with the opening of client files (review of engagement letters, review of financial and tax information, set-up of the file for finance and tax purposes into the accounting system
- Preparation and processing of bills to ensure time and disbursements are accurately charged and allocated (time transfer, time write off, dispatch of billing guides, disbursements, queries etc.)
- Provide technical support (finance system) to Partners, Lawyers and Personal Assistants
- Keep partners and clients advised on a regular basis of how fees are being accrued
- Managing Working-Capital - to regularly and proactively review client revenue and net investment balances (unbilled fees and unpaid client invoices), so ensuring early action to maintain optimum working capital hygiene.
- Analyse current billing and profitability information and other items of a complex nature for reporting and problem-solving including calculating profitability analysis of individual matters
- On request from Marketing, the revenue controller provides timely, accurate and relevant financial information and verifies proposals, pitches, etc.
- Delivery, design and preparation of client financial information, and ad hoc client reviews.
- Develop close relationships with partners, personal assistants, business development & marketing, local and global finance teams
- Establish good working relationships with the offshore Shared Services Center Finance Teams (Revenue, eBilling and Credit Control)
Who we are looking for
- Minimum Bachelor degree in administration related fields (secretarial, accounting, law etc, ...)
- Good command of three languages (Dutch, French and English)
- Excellent PC skills, mainly Excel, knowledge of billing systems (including e-billing) is a plus
- Experience within a Finance function is a clear asset and experience within working capital (billing or credit collection) would be beneficial
- Good numeracy and literacy skills, analytical mind
- Active and enthusiastic team member who supports and engages with others and works effectively in a team
- Excellent communicator and confident in interaction with others. Listens and understands issues from all perspectives and values other opinions
- Good organisation skills and a sense of initiative
- Able to work under pressure and multi task to meet deadlines.
- Ability to assimilate large amounts of information quickly and interested in rapid learning
What we offer
You will work in a dynamic and challenging environment with a large international dimension. We greatly value our unique culture, which combines high-quality client service with a real focus on people and teamwork. Positive attitude matters to us, and we strongly believe it defines the way in which we work, both with clients and colleagues.
How to apply
Please upload your application by clicking on the 'Apply for job' button below.
If you would like more information first, do not hesitate to contact Tamara Nouwen at Allen & Overy (Belgium) LLP at
Allen & Overy LLP
Others also viewed
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
11 days left to apply
- Function type: Controlling
- Sector: Finances and insurance
- All jobs at Allen & Overy
- Academic Bachelor
- Dutch, French