Research Lab Technician
- Science Talents
Research Lab Technician
- Perform pilot scale operational activities within the framework of a global strategic and exploratory product and process development project. The aim is to execute fermentation, decanting and filtration trials; to take and analyze samples during the trials; to report the findings of these trials; to CIP tanks; etc.
- Understand objectives on assigned trial requests, product specifications and process procedures.
- Execute the requested trials according the established EverGrain / ABINBEV procedures, perform the corresponding analyses, record all data and observations made during the trials, and report the findings to the project leader.
- Apply good industrial practices & food standards to ensure quality in trial execution and reporting and to guarantee reliability of results.
- Suggest improvements to optimize operations, quality, efficiency, safety, etc. and support implementing these where possible.
- Verify that the raw materials for trials are available in the right quantities and with the required documentation.
- Ensure that the used equipment is functional and safe in use. Timely flag any equipment defects or malfunctioning.
- Ensure equipment and process standard operating procedures (SOPs) are up to date.
- Identify and address potential risks that may affect the achievement of the project objectives, timeline and quality.
- Help guarding and improving the cleanliness, order, safety and quality in the RPB.
- Contact 3rd parties, e.g. suppliers for maintenance of equipment or required specification sheets of raw materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant applied science or engineering or equivalent experience
- Previous professional experience in a development or research lab or pilot plant, in the area of biotechnology, food processing, fermentation and/or brewing biochemistry is an asset.
- Capability to independently plan, organize and execute trials and experiments.
- Technology savvy and interest specifically around extractions and membrane filtrations
- Result-oriented with respect for quality and timing; attention to detail.
- Hands-on and problem-solving mindset.
- Pro-active attitude.
- Ability to interpret/analyze test results and provide feedback to the requestors.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills and flexibility to adapt to a fast-changing environment.
- Ability to integrate and generate internal/external best practices to improve processes/tools/ services/ways of working.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English; other language skills are an additional asset.
- Advanced computer skills; knowledge of standard software programs (Word, Excel, ...)
This address could not be found.
We could not find a route between the two addresses.
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
- Professional bachelor (Higher Education Short Type)
- 29 October
Receive jobs by e-mail
Receive new 'Research & development' jobs in Flemish Brabant straight to your mailbox.