- University of Antwerp
- Permanent, Part-time or full-time
- You strengthen the research culture and environment at IOB, in close cooperation with the chair of IOB’s Research commission and the UAntwerp central services.
- You support IOB in defining and operationalizing its research & outreach policy;
- You will proactively identify new and diverse channels for financing research at IOB;
- You offer information, advise and support to the elaboration of research proposals and you will assist in the follow-up of project proposals involving different senior researchers;
- You enhance the cooperation between different researchers and you constitute a bridge between (future) researchers and senior staff members of the Institute.
- You optimize the visibility, uptake and impact of IOB’s research activities:
- You enhance the internal coherence and external branding of the research group;
- You give shape to the communication strategy of the Institute in the field of research, together with the chair of the Research Commission;
- You coordinate the website and IOB-specific communication instruments;
- You co-organize academic events in close cooperation with IOB’s academic staff.
- You have a Master degree in social sciences (Development Studies, Political Science, Sociology, Economics, …) or equivalent competences gained through prior work experience.
- You have a PhD or equivalent competences gained through prior work experience, and you realized a significant research output.
- You have a demonstrable interest in development research and you are familiar with societal actors and policy processes in the field of Development.
- You understand the various pathways of research impact within the Development sector.
- You are acquainted with the diversity of possibilities for financing research, and you have experience with writing successful proposals and/or supporting academic research projects at European and international level.
- You have excellent writing skills and strong communication skills.
- You are fluent in English. Knowledge of French or/and Spanish would be a plus. You are prepared to learn Dutch at CEFR level A2 within two years of appointment.
- You are proficient in MS Office and with systems of online communication.
- You act with attention to quality, integrity, creativity and cooperation.
- You are flexible, proactive, strong in planning and organizing and you can work well independently.
- Having work experience in the Global South is a strong advantage.
- We offer a permanent contract (minimally 80%) for an indefinite period.
- You will receive a gross monthly salary within pay band 8.1-10.1 of the pay scales of the Administrative and Technical Staff. Your entry-level grade (usually grade 8) depends on your relevant professional experience. If you work part time, your salary is calculated proportionally on the basis of your employment percentage.
- Date of appointment: as soon as possible. The actual starting date is open for negotiation.
- You will receive meal vouchers, ecocheques, group insurance and a bicycle allowance or a full reimbursement of public transport costs for commuting.
- We offer flexible working hours.
- You will have 40 days of annual leave and collective leave for 1 week when the university is closed, between Christmas and New Year.
- You will do most of your work at the UAntwerp City Campus in a dynamic and stimulating working environment.
- Find out more about working at the University of Antwerp here and discover all the other benefits.
Want to apply?
- You can apply for this job through the University of Antwerp’s online job application platform up to and including 3 November 2021 by midnight Brussels time. Click on 'apply for job', complete the online application form and don’t forget to include the following documents:
- cover letter;
- a short note (3.000 words max.) identifying the most relevant channels for research finance for an institute like IOB and the most important challenges to enhance the visibility, uptake and impact of research carried out at IOB.
- The selection committee will review all of the applications as soon as possible after the application deadline. As soon as a decision has been made, we will inform you about the next step(s) in the selection procedure.
- If you have any questions about the online application form, please check the Frequently Asked Questions or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about the job itself, please contact Tom De Herdt, Chair of the IOB research commission (+ 32 (0)3 265 54 26, email@example.com) or Danny Cassimon, chair of IOB (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The University of Antwerp is a sustainable, family-friendly organisation which invests in its employees’ growth. We encourage diversity and attach great importance to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities, regardless of gender identity, disability, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or age. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and with diverse characteristics to apply.
This address could not be found.
We could not find a route between the two addresses.
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
- Master (University or Higher Education Long Type)
- Part-time or full-time
- Meal vouchers
- Public transport contribution
- Eco Cheque
- Additional paid leave
- 4 November
Receive jobs by e-mail
Receive new 'Research & development' jobs in Antwerp straight to your mailbox.