R&D Robotics Test Engineer
- Permanent, Full-time
R&D Robotics Test Engineer
As part of the 2020 strategy, ABB Robotics ventured in to a new area of robotics, outside the traditional manufacturing segments. We call this Service Robotics and within this business, our vision is to become the global leader in robotic products and solutions
for the non-manufacturing markets such as intralogistics, healthcare and retail.
The European Application Center for Service Robotics is located in Huizingen, Belgium and specializes in robot-centric automation solutions for e-commerce, retail, fresh food, non-food and express parcel segments. Our portfolio ranges from robotic products to modular cells and function packs, engineered turnkey solutions (like high-bay warehouses or goods to man picking) and lifecycle management services.
To support our R&D team with the development of standard/modular robot cells, we’re looking for a Robotics Engineer for supporting and executing tests and demos for our customers, by using their own specific products.
- Perform technical analysis/feasibility study based on customer’s user requirements, product specifications and input of R&D Sales team;
- Compose a “Proof of Concept”- or test set-up by adding specific functions to standard modular cells or function packs;
- Perform commissioning and testing of the set-up in our workshop;
- Demonstrate the result to the customer;
- Provide detailed reporting and test plans;
- Execute commissioning for modular cells and function packs that are tested at the customer’s site.
- Solution, pragmatic and hands-on mindset;
- An Engineering degree in electromechanics, electronics or automation (or equivalent by experience);
- Willing to follow a training program within our Training Academy (adapted to your experience) regarding our Robotics standard before starting to work on projects with the guidance of our Technical Coach;
- Detail oriented with good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Team player;
- Able to take framework constraints into account and build creative solutions;
- Willing to work on-site in Belgium or abroad during short periods of time;
- Commercial skills;
- Fluent in Dutch or French with a good knowledge of English;
- Live ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
Please contact Karen Vanderkimpen, Guido Gezellestraat 126, 1654 Beersel, België of firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
This address could not be found.
We could not find a route between the two addresses.
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
- Professional bachelor (Higher Education Short Type)
- Limited experience (< 2 years)
- Dutch, English, French
- 27 August
Receive jobs by e-mail
Receive new 'Installation & maintenance engineers' jobs in Flemish Brabant straight to your mailbox.