- Delta Light
- Western Flanders
- Permanent, Full-time
Over the years Delta Light established its growth based on in-house design, R&D, quality control, testing and production. From design to engineering and prototyping, all the way to production, packaging, and stocking… all is handled at the Delta Light headquarters in Wevelgem.
Creative designing is still in the hearts and heads of the founder and the current owner. This means that the R&D Manager will work closely together with them to streamline the creative ideas to a qualitative high standard end product:
- Based on the company strategy and more specific the R&D Strategy you define the team structure, resources, capabilities & training needs. You manage the technical team of 28 people (direct & indirect) who are responsible for the technical product development, light engineering, prototyping, lab, quality and certification
- You prioritize R&D projects according to the resources, deadlines and needs of the customers and try to keep the flexibility of a family owned company
- You streamline the process of product development and support/guide on the technical questions where necessary
- You guide/coach the product certification team to achieve their goals
- You define standards and best practices, tools and procedures to increase quality and efficiency of R&D activities and you encourage your team to take ownership
- As a good team player and communicator you have excellent internal cross divisional contacts and over the companies of the Delta Light Group. You work closely together with planning, purchase, product management, sales, ... and collaborate on the roadmap of product development for a perfect go-to-market
- You follow closely new products, developments, trends, processes and technologies by means of regular contacts with suppliers, visits to fairs etc…
- You have a master's degree in Electro/Mechanical field or are equivalent by experience
- Having at least 5 years' experience in a management role is a must. Having experience in a similar role is a plus
- You are familiar with project management and have a technical background
- You are fluent in Dutch and English
- You are a strong and passionate People Manager and a good communicator
- You have excellent planning and organization skills
- You are result driven, dynamic and process oriented
- A contract in an international, growing family owned business
- A competitive salary package inclusive extralegal package and training possibilities
- Room for creativity, initiatives and ownership
- A dynamic work environment in a team of enthusiastic colleagues
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
- Bachelor following Bachelor
- At least 5 years experience
- Dutch, English
- 31 October
Receive jobs by e-mail
Receive new 'Research & development' jobs straight to your mailbox.