- Multiple regions
- Permanent, Full-time
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we pioneer approaches to sustainability that continue to offer customers materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. To achieve this, however, we know we can’t stand still. We know we need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. It’s why we invest so much in research & development. It’s why we push ourselves to tackle increasingly complex challenges. It’s why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed. It’s why we are looking for talented individuals to shape tomorrow by leading the way today. In an environment like this, imagine what you could do?
About our Rechargeable Battery Materials (RBM)
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
You will be responsible for managing R&D projects and supervising a direct report.
Specifically, this will include:
* Responsible of knowledge management: literature, patent, internal data mining and market intelligence digestion.
* Development of cathode (product and process) competences within the RBM organization
* Development of advanced characterization and evaluation method
* Follow-up and support of external collaborations related to high Ni cathode, especially in Europe
* Adjust at all times the projects, the priorities and the resources within the team with the BU priorities
• PhD. in Chemistry or electrochemistry
• Experience : PhD thesis experience (for PhD graduates) or experience in project management in the relevant competence domain cathode material, process technology, battery technology…)
• Science & technology skills requirement : High
• Languages: sufficient English level to communicate within the world-wide Umicore organization
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our technologies can make the world better connected, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
- 21 March
Receive jobs by e-mail
Receive new 'Project leader R&D, Product development' jobs in Western Flanders, Eastern Flanders, Antwerp, Limburg, Flemish Brabant straight to your mailbox.