The exact address for this job is not available. The calculated travel time may differ in reality.
An error occurred. Please reload the page and retry.
R&D Clinical Proteomics
- Permanent, Full-time
Published on Jobat.be 9 days ago
R&D Clinical Proteomics
With its research program “Sustainable Health”, VITO is fully committed to support social transitions to a more preventive health system. The detection of diseases at an early stage of development offers many advantages such as specific treatment with significant cost savings and the possibility to trace the cause of a disease. To support progress in the field of early diagnostics, VITO focuses on the development of biomolecular analytical technologies and the selection of biomarkers for health professionals, the pharmaceutical and biotech industry. Do you want to strengthen our enthousiastic proteomics team as a researcher?
- You contribute to the main objective of the proteomics team which is to use proteomics to address specific clinical needs. E.g. for the identification of biomarkers for diagnosis and therapeutic intervention.
- Your main work location is Antwerp, in the Centre for Proteomics (CfP), a joint initiative of VITO and University Antwerp. Here, you are involved in the operation of high-tech platforms for proteome and metabolome analyses for applications in the field of diagnostics and (bio)medical innovations.
- You are responsible for the (statistical) analysis of proteomics data sets, generated by high-resolution mass spectrometry. This includes, but is not limited too, cross-omics integration (mostly proteogenomics) and integration of clinical data sets.
- You use existing software tools or programming techniques for the data analysis, statistical analysis and for the optimisation of existing/new workflows.
- You are responsible for the critical analysis of the generated results and support the interpretation and communication of the data to the various project partners.
- You present the research and projects results on (inter)national fora.
- As a researcher, you also contribute to the recruiting of projects by writing tenders and projects proposals.
- You expand your existing network of RTO’s, companies, governments, federations, … in Flanders and internationally in order to tap into new opportunities for VITO.
- You hold at a minimum a Master’s degree in science, preferably in biochemistry or bioengineering.
- You have experience with proteomics data analysis and statistical analysis, including necessary software tools and programming (R/Python) for the optimisation of existing workflows.
- You are experienced, or at least acquainted, with statistical tools to identify biomarkers and constructing classifaction tools based on a panel of biomarkers using machine learning (SVM, ANN). Experience with data mining is considered as favourable.
- You are experienced in recruiting, executing and coordinating studies for private parties or European/foreign governments.
- You have an analytical, critical and creative attitude.
- Language skills: Dutch and English.
- A competitive salary supplemented with a range of benefits including allowances, insurances and an adjustable holiday package.
- Flexible working hours and workplace. Your main work location is, as mentioned above, Antwerp. Part-time working from home or working from a (satellite) office in Mol, Ghent, Ostend or Genk is possible.
- Innovation is our core asset, therefore it goes without saying that we give our employees the opportunity to undertake additional training and keep up to date in their field of expertise.
- The chance to be part of an organisation with an international reputation, known for its advanced technological research and scientific consultancy.
- The possibility to actively contribute towards sustainable developments at local, national and global level.
Calculate your travel time
ToVITO | Antwerpen 2000
This address could not be found.
We could not find a route between the two addresses.
Others also viewed
Add your CV
Jobs for you will suggest better jobs based on your education, skills and work experience.
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
30 days left to apply
- 21 June
Receive jobs by e-mail
Receive new 'Project leader R&D' jobs in Antwerp straight to your mailbox.