Quality and Food Safety Specialist
- ISS Facility Services
- Permanent, Full-time
Quality and Food Safety Specialist
- Maintain QA/Food safety data (manual/electronic) in full compliance.
- Administer the environmental control program. Develop new plans, maps, and maintain corrective actions in place.
- Lead root cause analyses and corrective action and preventive action plans for all quality and customer complaint issues. Make proactive recommendations and offer solutions to Operations to improve quality and efficiencies.
- Support mock recall exercises and be part of the recall programs. Interact with traceability programs to be in full compliance.
- Participate in pre-season food safety orientations. Provide continuous food safety training to different departments.
- Follow-up on Diet for the menu plan on site or in systems
- Implementation and following up on Quality Factors and Allergens.
- Maintain the main data base of the Material Control System regarding the products.
- Assist with internal audits, second party audits and other third party audits (FAVV, AFSCA, SGS,….).
- Evaluate food processing and storage operations and assist in the development of quality assurance programs for such operations; recommend and help implement corrective action initiatives ensuring food safety issues and concerns are resolved in a timely manner while minimizing customer risk, cost and production down time.
- Support master pre-operation inspection activities and verify effective execution of sanitation programs.
- Cooperate with supervisors and managers and ensure compliance with all Company policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Hazard Communication, and Good Hygiene Practices (GHP) Coordinate work assignments, company policies and procedures.
- Administer and support safety and health programs to ensure a safe work place and to be in compliance with county, state, federal, national and international regulations. Foster an environment where the importance of worker and food safety is based on proper safe handling of product including maintaining cold chain integrity.
- Willing to collaborate in other projects assigned by HSE management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Science, Dietetic with minimum of 2 years of job experience (Same field).
- Experience in food labeling.
- One to three years of related experience in a food systems or food manufacturing environment with increasing levels of responsibility and authority
- Bilingual in Dutch/French preferred. Ability to speak, write and read the both languages.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- You have an intermediate to advanced level of Microsoft Excel skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint is required.
- Up-to-date knowledge of State and Federal food safety regulations, relevant legislation, Good Hygiene Practices (GHP) and HACCP programs.
- Must have effective organizational, planning and prioritization skills.
- Must have ability to use or learn the Quality/SOP compliance software.
- Must have personal integrity, flexibility, dependability, ability to work within policy guidelines and to work independently.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence, effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to suppliers, customers, clients, sales, upper management and other employees of the organization is essential.
We offer you an international environment with cultural diversity and creativity. We're committed to equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and to promoting Diversity & Inclusion by creating a work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect, and where individual differences are valued.
In addition, you will receive a permanent contract with a competitive salary plus with fringe benefits!
This address could not be found.
We could not find a route between the two addresses.
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
- Professional bachelor (Higher Education Short Type)
- Dutch, French
- 12 August
Receive jobs by e-mail
Receive new 'Quality manager' jobs in Brussels straight to your mailbox.