- Permanent, Full-time
BWSC is an engineering and contracting company originating from the Danish B&W organisation. We are project-oriented, specialising in the development, design, construction and operation of turnkey power plants and energy systems with ambitious goals within biomass-to-energy, waste-to-energy and hybrid solutions worldwide.
We deliver operation, maintenance and service of power plants. We have 700 dedicated employees, of which 400 are based at our headquarters in Allerød, Denmark.
Currently, we are constructing power plants in Belgium (Ghent), the Faroe Islands, the UK and the Caribbean. Furthermore, we service and operate power plants in the UK, Panama, Kenya, Sri Lanka, several islands in the Caribbean and a number of West African countries.
- Provide leadership and engagement to embed a culture of continuous improvement with respect to QHSE, acting as the site focus for compliance with relevant Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and local instructions.
- Develop and review the quality, health, safety, environmental and management arrangements, in line with ISO14001 and OHSAS18001, to ensure adherence with all site procedures and local instructions.
- Develop and review the sites quality management arrangements, in line with ISO9001 and PAS99, with the above 14001/18001 to provide a robust quality system and an Integrated Management System (IMS).
- Embed the above systems into general use and ensure training and development of staff is provided in their use and general awareness.
- Responsible for monitoring the sites QHSE performance, identifying and taking proactive measures to improve performance shortfalls.
- Identify, monitor and review the sites KPI’s for QHSE performance
- Responsible for the sites QHSE committee.
- Provide QHSE guidance and support to the site teams as required, including assisting or leading with incident investigations to ensure root cause is identified and embed all learning within the unit(s).
- Responsible for ensuring detailed incident reports are produced for all quality, health, safety and environmental incidents.
- Ensure synergies and commonality with arrangements between all BWSC sites are maintained and developed.
- Review third party QHSE competences, prior to engaging in the supply of services.
- Ownership, management and development of the sites incident management system.
- Responsible for the development and management the sites QHSE audit process.
- Liaise with Client and off-site legislative bodies and provide reports as required concerning key metrics such as safety statistics, environmental performance and EA reporting.
- Adhere to all Company Policies & Procedures (including but not limited to) those specified in the Employment Handbook, H&S Policy and IMS System.
- Support the wider BWSC teams on short-term secondments where appropriate.
- Applicants must have experience in power plant or power plant related operations ie boiler, combustion systems, high pressure steam and water systems, steam turbines, water treatment etc.
- Knowledge of biomass handling or waste to energy is also very relevant.
- Knowledge of Environmental Permits for Industrial Emissions and the regulatory framework supporting this is essential.
- Knowledge and experience of Safe Systems of Work is also important as the QHSE Advisor will have responsibility for the administration of Permit for Work procedures.
- Applications are particularly welcome from people living within a 50 km radius of the plant or alternatively from those who are willing to relocate to the locality.
This address could not be found.
We could not find a route between the two addresses.
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
- Master (University or Higher Education Long Type)
- At least 5 years experience
- 24 May
Receive jobs by e-mail
Receive new 'Engineering management' jobs in Eastern Flanders straight to your mailbox.