Purchaser Raw Materials
- Eastern Flanders
- Permanent, Full-time
Purchaser Raw Materials
Do you have a chemical background and strong influencing and negotiations skills?
You are able to deal with a lot of complexity?
Look at this interesting job opportunity!
Arteco, a joint venture between Chevron and Total, is a young and dynamic chemical company and leader in its market segment. The company develops and manufactures quality antifreeze coolants and heat transfer fluids for automotive and industrials applications.
The company has international activities and a strong focus on R&D. For its office in Ghent, Arteco is currently looking for a Purchaser Raw Materials.
As Purchaser Raw Materials, you will develop a procurement strategy for raw materials in Europe. It is key to develop relationships with internal stakeholders, global partners and negotiate profitable rates. In this position, You will report directly to the Procurement Manager.
Following tasks belong to your responsibilities:
- Negotiate prices and annual or multi-year contracts with suppliers of allocated raw materials for the production plant.
- Establish and manage mutually beneficial business relationships and partnerships with key suppliers that leverage the key strategies and lead to improved profitability. This requires regular meetings with suppliers, writing of meeting reports and company profiles for each supplier.
- Actively participate in project meetings to ensure a maximum collaboration with the R&D team and other stakeholders in the projects.
- Raw material specifications co-ordination with R&D, production and suppliers.
- Pricing administration of additives (in SAP or other digital tools) and issuing a quarterly reporting of the raw materials purchasing activity.
- Cooperate with plant and sales team to implement efficient inventory levels and safety stocks in production to guarantee business continuity at all times. Periodical review of forecast.
- Responsible for raw materials non-conformity handling, KPI follow-up and issuing of supplier performance evaluations.
- Make sure purchase contracts/agreements with suppliers under your responsibility are in place and make sure that all external required quality documents are available and the overview is up-to-date at all times.
- It is critical to have a chemical background in this position, in order to facilitate interactions within the company and with suppliers. You hold a Master degree (e.g. master chemistry, master industrial sciences) or equivalent due experience.
- You have excellent communication and people skills. Working in a multi-cultural environment also means being knowledgeable about key cultural aspects.
- You speak Dutch and English fluently.
- Strong influencing and negotiations skills
- Driven by Operational Excellence and Quality, as we operate in an IATF certified environment. Able to deal with a lot of complexity.
- Experience of purchasing is an asset.
Arteco offers you a challenging role in a growing and financially sound company. You will be working in an international environment with high quality and safety standards. You will join a dynamic team who values independent thinking and teamwork.
They believe people are key to their success, and they support them by giving opportunities for personal development and growth. They offer a competitive salary package, group insurance, health insurance, meal vouchers, a large vacation entitlement…
Apply now by sending your resume with cover letter in English to us.
Ing. Nathalie Thienpont
Sales & Recruitment Consultant - AUSY Engineering
Pauline Van Pottelsberghelaan 12 - 9051 Sint-Denijs-Westrem
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
- Secondary education
- 13 March
Receive jobs by e-mail
Receive new 'Purchase' jobs straight to your mailbox.