1 of 3Next
SCK•CEN is one of the largest research institutions in Belgium. Every day, more than 800 employees dedicate themselves to developing peaceful applications of radioactivity. Our developments have already resulted in a long list of innovative and forward-looking applications for the medical world, industry and the energy sector. We are renowned for our expertise world-wide.
Project Engineer (Electro)Mechanical Engineering
To be able to do this:
* you draw up the technical specifications with corresponding planning and budget based on the internal customer specifications;
* you design the radiation equipment or experimental set-up together with a team of specialists, taking into account the various design aspects such as neutronics, thermohydraulics, instrumentation, control, dismantling, decontamination and nuclear and industrial safety;
* you draw up the necessary documents for the CEE (Committee for Experiments Evaluation) in order to obtain the required approvals for the construction and operation of the equipment;
* you follow up the construction, assembly, testing and commissioning of the equipment;
* you report punctually and accurately to the customer on the project’s progress and the operational measurement data.
* have experience with thermohydraulic calculations and construction codes such as ASME and/or RCC-M, RCC-MRx;
* have knowledge of structural materials used in nuclear environments;
* have good knowledge of IT applications for technical/scientific purposes;
* can write clear reports, manuals and procedures, both in Dutch and/or French and in English and have good communication skills to lead an international and multidisciplinary team;
* have experience with the design and commissioning of installations; an additional master’s degree in nuclear energy or knowledge of nuclear energy applications are extra assets.
* Opportunities for self-development in an absorbing, international research environment
* Extensive training opportunities within and outside your area of expertise
* An attractive remuneration package with non-statutory benefits
* Located in wooded area to ensure you a traffic jam free environment
This address could not be found.
We could not find a route between the two addresses.
Others also viewed
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
9 days left to apply
- Function type: Mechanics
- Sector: Science and Research
- All jobs at SCK-CEN
- Master (University or Higher Education Long Type)
- Dutch, English, French
- Company car