At DEME, we work together on the cutting edge of technology in a challenging and rapidly changing world. Through our activities in the dredging, off-shore, infrastructure and environmental sectors, we work to bring tailor made solutions to our customers’ projects helping them to be safer, more cost effective and sustainable. Now you can help us to plot a course into the future of maritime engineering on your DEME journey as a project controls engineer.
Project controls engineer
As a project controls engineer, you will provide end-to-end support for one of our projects from contract award until handover. You are responsible for planning the work and keeping track of progress. Adopting new tools and processes is a challenge you relish and you make sure that their implementation goes smoothly. Thinking out of the box and finding innovative ways to improve business processes are the key elements in this job.
You’ll be responsible for the delivery of successful project controls for the projects assigned to you. Reporting to one of our onshore project management teams, your focus will be on developing, monitoring and modifying a realistic project plan to guide and measure progress.
Based in Belgium with occasional international travel, you’ll liaise and work with internal support departments to implement the project’s administrative requirements, such as project controls and documentation. You’re comfortable with forecasting, reporting and evaluating costs in collaboration with the project financial controller. Above all you understand what’s happening in your project on a daily basis and can report it clearly to the project manager
- You hold a BSc or a MSc degree in a relevant discipline.
- You have a keen interest in the scheduling, information management, contract administration, budgeting and/or execution of civil & offshore works.
- You have solid organizational skills, together with strong written and oral communication abilities.
- You are fluent in English; any other language is an asset.
- You have an analytical mind and a problem-solving attitude.
- You can handle stress and deliver qualitative output against a given and strict deadline.
- You are a team player with a focus on client & stakeholder management.
- You are flexible to relocate to Belgium and travel occasionally to our projects.
- Experience with developing project schedules (Primavera P6) is a plus.
- Experience with setting up document management system (Aconex, Ineight, ThinkProject,...) is a plus.
- Contract management and cost control skills are an asset.
- Experience in consolidating multiple data sources and making analysis and reports/dashboards is a plus.
What you can expect:
Where Next? Excited? Want to know more about working for DEME or check out our other positions? On April 22nd, we’ll be inviting candidates who’s skills and experience match our available roles to our Career Day at our headquarters in Zwijndrecht, Belgium so you can learn more about what it’s like to work at DEME and we can get to know you better. It’s possible that within 7 days, you’ll be offered a contract to embark on your DEME journey.
- No two days the same: With projects all over the world across multiple sectors, there’s always something new to add to our 140 years of know-how.
- Awesome colleagues: An amazing, international team fully dedicated to exploring new horizons, together.
- An environment where you can flourish: The perfect combination of the freedom to make the role your own and collaborative, supportive teamwork.
- Continuous development: a training pathway that allows you to develop yourself personally and professionally.
- Exploration: The opportunity to develop and explore your own horizons with locations across the globe.
- An extensive mobility program for a healthy work-life balance.
- A people-oriented environment with an interactive health program and a focus on employee wellbeing
Sign up for our Career Day here and start your DEME journey!