The Migration Policy Group is an independent Brussels-based think-and-do tank. We conduct evidence-based projects, research and campaigns in the areas of integration, migration and anti-discrimination.
Purpose of Job:
To be responsible for the daily running of the Secretariat and administration of the Migration Policy Group (MPG). The MPG office is located in Brussels and MPG has an inclusive policy.
Part time office administrator
- General office management (liaison with landlord, IT services and licenses, office/kitchen supplies, cleaning company and other suppliers)
- Human resources (relation with social secretariat, salaries, leave requests, Sodexo orders, drafting contracts, following up on insurance record, Prevention and Protection at Work reports and answering questions from staff unfamiliar with Belgian social law)
- Support to accounting department (invoices and credit card statements)
- Liaising with IT help + basic installations and troubleshooting + account and access management for IT tools (Microsoft 365, timesheets, network drive, Zoom, etc.)
- General administration (filing, agenda management, timesheets, travel bookings, mail, email etc.)
- Support with preparation of Board documents and publications to the Belgian Gazette (Moniteur Belge)
- Hold a relevant professional degree or experience as an office manager or HR officer in a Belgian Company
- Knowledge of Belgian law and administration
- Excellent command of English, and very good knowledge of French, both oral and written.
- Proficient computer skills, especially handling of MS-Office and web applications
- Notions in accounting, knowledge of Winbooks is an asset
- Experience in organization of events
- Good team-player, reliable and flexible
- Very organized with a strong attention to details
- Tactful, diplomatic and non-judgmental, able to relate to people in all situations;
- Ability to work independently and propose new actions as appropriate
- Ability to work with deadlines and follow-up on tasks – comfortable in setting and sticking to own deadlines and responding to others’
- Sympathy with the work and objectives of MPG
- Starting date as soon as possible
- A part-time and varied position within a small but international team, 19 hours per week
- A permanent contract in a stable working environment in an independent non-profit organization
- A competitive salary with meal vouchers and 5 extra holidays after 6 months of service
- An eye for work-life balance.
- Easy accessibility by public transport. Work location is Av. de Tervueren 32-34, Etterbeek (Merode)
- The Office Manager will work under the supervision of MPG’s Director and Deputy Director.
Please send your resume and motivation letter in English by email to Show application form.
Two contacts for professional recommendations must be included.
Deadline for applications is Monday, 11 December 2023. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews on a rolling basis.
For more information on MPG please consult our website Show website