Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
The world’s resources are scarce. Umicore’s refining and recycling technology gives used metals a new lease of life. We are experts in treating the most complex materials from around the world. Our processes help bring value to the circular economy and reduce environmental impacts. To recover more metal from different types of material we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new processes. Which is where you come in.
Operations Manager Smelter
Within the framework of the policy and strategy of the operational unit Smelter, you are responsible for the processes and the daily operations to deliver excellent key performance indicators of the unit. Together with the production staff, your priority is to ensure world class environmental and safety performance. You continuously increase process robustness.
Your main responsibilities:
- Assure and increase the metallurgical and chemical knowledge of the processes in order to deliver excellent quality of the final products and to improve the flexibility towards supply.
- Lead the communication process with the production staff (incl. maintenance) and with colleagues from administration, operations, sampling and logistics.
- Control, intervene, and adjust the processes when input conditions change. You minimize intermediate stocks.
- Run the day to day business of the Smelter and are fully responsible for the realization of the daily KPI’s. Environmental performance and safety are absolute top priorities.
- Inspire your team to improve operational excellence in all its dimensions.
- Translate the priorities for the whole plant into an action plan and deploy this to the floor
- Assist and help to improve environmental, health and safety processes and the quality system to reduce QEHS risks.
- Maximize the availability of your installation and minimize maintenance costs
- Responsible for transferring the knowledge as well for training & development of the operational team (white and blue collars)
- Responsible for hiring, training, development and coaching of white and blue collars.
- Take up the responsibility for the whole plant operations as Engineer on Duty, up to 2 weeks per year and you participate in the crisis organization up to 7 times per year
An enthusiastic colleague with:
- A master degree or PhD in metallurgical or chemical engineering
- Several years of leadership or operational experience.
- A born people manager and natural leader that can motivate the team.
- A solid interest and are willing to learn the processes in the smelter.
- Experience in practical requirements of environmental, health and safety issues.
- Good communication skills: presentation, receptivity, persuasion.
- An ease in decision making with a systematic approach and an effective problem solver.
- Team player mindset who is both quality and customer minded.
- Ability to quickly synthesize data and come to clear conclusions.
- Stress resistance and commitment to results.
This address could not be found.
We could not find a route between the two addresses.