3 of 3Next
Enthusiasm! That's what Telenet is all about.
And we share this enthusiasm with each and every one of our 3000 employees. Thanks to their passion for innovation, challenges and cooperation, Telenet is and remains the best provider of entertainment and telecommunication services in Belgium.
Under the brand name Telenet we provide digital television, high speed internet and landline and mobile telephone services to clients living in Flanders and Brussels. Operating as BASE we provide mobile phone services throughout Belgium. Our Telenet Business department serves the business community in Belgium and Luxembourg, providing solutions for connectivity, hosting and security.
At Telenet we pull out all the stops to provide an Amazing Customer Experience, by putting our customers first at all times. Our aim is to give them the best possible help and to meet their every need. To accomplish this, we offer fascinating careers for fascinating people, with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow in our company. Could this be the opportunity you are looking for? At Telenet, you may just discover the best job you have ever had.
Network Security Engineer
You are part of the operational team that manages the Wifi Business & Security product for our Telenet customers (SOHO & residential segment). This team is also responsible for the Telenet hotspot services.
Security in this area must be understood in a broad sense of the word: it includes Network security, malware, C&C and deception.
The team performs installation, configuration, upgrade and maintain activities on some of the core network components for those products.
- In your role we expect you to come up with improvement initiatives that increase the network availability and to implement them.
- You support other second tiers, internal departments and of course, the customer.
- You perform acceptance- and regression testing to assure the smooth operation of new hardware and software. You manage those test cycles by yourself: keeping them up to date, expanding and maintaining them.
- You represent the team in project meetings.
- Due to the critical aspect of this service it is supported on a continuous base. As such you become part of a 24/7 on call role.
- You have a higher technical degree (bachelor/master).
- You are very analytical and solution minded.
- You are proud on your big sense of responsibility and customer focus.
- You work accurate on yourself and in team.
- You are familiar with network management and monitoring tools.
- You have knowledge (experience is a plus) in following domains or you are willing to develop yourself in the domains of which you have no knowledge:
- Networking - TCP/IP, IPv4 & IPv6, DNS, DHCP
- Security skills such as IPS, web & dns filtering, malware protection, deception
- Wifi (preferably Cisco or Ruckus devices)
- Packet capture and analysis (tcpdump, wireshark)
- Scripting skills is a bonus such as Python and linux shell
This address could not be found.
We could not find a route between the two addresses.
Others also viewed
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
33 days left to apply
- Function type: Network, it security
- Sector: ICT, Telecom and Internet
- Mechelen (location)
- All jobs at Telenet