2 of 7Next
Flanders Make is the strategic research centre for the manufacturing industry. From our establishments across Flanders, we stimulate open innovation through excellent research. As we bring together companies and research institutions, we help to realise concrete product and production innovations in the vehicle industry, mechanical engineering and production environments. Today, Flanders Make has more than 500 researchers working together full-time as a unique research community on a joint industrial research agenda.
Flanders Make offers you a challenging job and the opportunity to develop yourself in a fascinating and motivating work environment with short communication lines.
Mechanical or electrical engineer for designing and building prototype machines (Leuven)
For the new labs on our new site in Leuven, we are looking for a creative and hands-on engineer who helps to design and create, build and test prototype machines, such as, for instance, a cutter arm for autonomous tractors, a new transmission, fruit picking robots, drones for logistic applications, smart production lines with robots, new-generation 3D printing machines and much more.
Together with the researchers, you design and build such prototype machines for testing the research performed, performing future research or demonstrating new technologies.
In practise, this involves the following:
- You co-conceive demonstration set-ups and prototype machines;
- You discuss the design requirements within the project team and examine the practical feasibility;
- You create the mechanical and electrical design (e.g. CATIA and Inventor and/or E-plan);
- After your design, you also ensure the actual realisation, building some parts yourself and purchasing or outsourcing others. You also build business relationships with suppliers.
- You test whether the prototype machine actually works;
- For this, you work together with project teams of technicians, engineers, researchers and external customers.
- Are able to conceive technical solutions together with fellow researchers;
- Are proficient in designing;
- Have a handson approach to build set-ups or work together with suppliers;
- Are creative and resultoriented;
- Take initiative and are focused on cooperation;
- Have good social skills, both in Dutch and English, you communicate in an open and assertive way;
- Are keen to learn and passionate about new technologies.
- In a young, multidisciplinary and international team;
- On machines and technology of the future with concrete applications in the lab;
- In direct cooperation with leading companies in the manufacturing industry and top universities;
- With room for initiative and ownership;
- On your talent development;
- In a growing research institution that you can help to shape.
To apply for this job opportunity, please go to http://jobs.flandersmake.be.
Complete the online application form and download your motivation letter and CV.
Others also viewed
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
39 days left to apply
- Function type: Mechanics
- Sector: Industry and machine construction
- Leuven (location)
- All jobs at Flanders Make vzw
- Professional bachelor (Higher Education Short Type)
- At least 2 years experience
- Dutch, English