- Page Personnel
- Interim, Full-time
Our client is a global player in the field of engineering and contracting (engineering, construction and project management)
· ?Manage the process of successfully organizing the shipment of materials and ensuring all related documents are gathered and filed accordingly based on project and/or customer requirements, and in compliance with domestic and international laws.
· ?Coordinate orders for shipment of cargo from point of origin to point of destination to ensure product meets required delivery in the most efficient method while updating internal clients/customers on progress.
· ?Obtain competitive proposals from preferred freight forwarders to identify the most commercially and
operationally attractive one, capable of meeting project and/or customer requirements.
· ?Plan and organize all required administrative procedures for the export and/or import of equipment including (but not limited to) delivery notes, packing lists, bills of lading, air way bills, letters of credit etc.
· ?Ensure ongoing relationships with internal clients, customers, banks and national authorities, during the production/procurement, shipping and transportation of goods ;
· ?After shipment is completed ensure that the shipment file is closed and all relevant updates are made the shipment file to ensure shipment and project records are maintained at all times.
· ?Academic/Professional Degree in Business/Supply Chain/Transportation preferred.
· ?Different proven of overall experience in Logistics positions; preferably in the engineering
/construction industry or with an established freight forwarder/3PL.
· ?Strong understanding of the complete logistics process cycle including documentation requirements for domestic and international shipments.
· ?Experience in organizing international shipments in often complex and time sensitive environments with expertise in at least 1 or 2 modes of transport (ocean, air, land).
· ?Must be knowledgeable of all potential shipment constraints and have knowledge of movements of
hazardous/dual use goods.
· ?A strong team player with excellent ability to make balanced decisions taking into account risk and benefits of proposed actions.
· ?Good I.T skills with experience working with ERP systems (JDE preferred).
· ?Fluent in English and the local language - multiple languages are an asset.
Long term contract + competitive salary package
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
- Function type: Logistic management
- Sector: Construction, construction material and real estate
- Academic Bachelor
- 4 March
Receive jobs by e-mail
Receive new 'Logistics' jobs straight to your mailbox.