- SMT Africa
- Permanent, Full-time
Official Distributor for Volvo Construction & Equipment, Volvo Penta and Volvo Trucks, SMT (www.smt.network) offers a wide range of products in more than twenty countries of North, West & Central Africa, Belgium, the Netherlands and GB.
We operate an outstanding own sales and service network with operational agility and entrepreneurial spirit. By engaging in partnerships with our customers, we create value delivering state-of-the-art services and products. Our ambition in both territory coverage and product portfolio is a strong commitment to support our customer’s growth.
For our logistic site based in Brussels we currently look for a 'Logistic Officer'
Reporting to the 'Machines Logistics Manager', the 'Logistic Officer' ensures the day-to-day management of import and export files by following established procedures. This hybrid position - depends on both the Sales Administration Department and the Machinery Logistics Department.
Based in Brussels, you are in charge of the following points:
- IN flow (import): - linked with the Sales Administration Department
- Supply management - PO, supplier contact
- Import management - cargo release, etc.
- Stocking in the ERP and monitoring of stock status
- Control and approval of purchase & transport invoices
- Flow OUT (export): - linked with the Logistics Department
- Complete follow-up of a logistics file, including:
- Shipping (selection of transport mode, selection of service provider based on transport offers, organization & operational monitoring of the said file: inspection, docking, customs, shipping documents, etc.)
- Invoicing & finalization of the profitability calculation
- Documentary submission to the bank in the event of a letter of credit, or other payment-related formalities
- Communication with the customer and / or the concerned SMT Africa entity
- Payment monitoring
Required education, knowledge and experience
- With a degree of education in Logistics and / or Supply chain, you have a first successful experience in a function of logistics, import-export, customer service within a multinational dealing with international shipments. You have basic financial knowledge (credit note, profitability calculations)
- You are proficient in MS Office
- You have knowledge of international trade tools (LC, Incoterms, transport docs) and you are familiar with maritime transport (RoRo, conventional ) as well as knowledge of the automotive and / or equipment distribution sector is a plus
- Knowledge of Navision or an ERP is an asset
- Your sense of organization, your analytical skills, your autonomy and your diplomacy contribute to the success of your integration within the department
- You distinguish yourself by your ability to meet deadlines, your rigor in data encoding and your initiatives taken as well as your creativity in bringing solutions to each problem.
- Organized with good time management, multi-tasking
- Able to deal with complexity
- Deadline oriented and able to work under pressure
- Team player
- Cost conscious
- A salary in line with your expérience and achievement as well as benefits (group insurance, hospitalization insurance, luncheon vouchers, ...)
- A real opportunity to enhance your experience and develop your skills through our SMT Academy!
- A function with an international influence that combines autonomy and initiative
- A framework with a human dimension and a dynamic corporate culture, voluntary and ambitious, where team spirit, customer satisfaction, flexibility and the quality of its services are recognized as its main values.
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
- Academic Bachelor
- At least 2 years experience
- English, French
- 14 January
Receive jobs by e-mail
Receive new 'Logistics' jobs straight to your mailbox.