3 of 5Next
Do you have a passion for international trade, exports or finance?
Do not miss this opportunity: we are reinforcing our teams with new talent! Engage in a career at Credendo, a leading European Credit insurance company.
Credendo – Export Credit Agency has been excelling in export credit insurance for almost a century. The company has grown to become a European player which is active nowadays in fourteen European countries under the name of Credendo.
500 enthusiastic professionals, 300 of whom are working in Belgium, assess the risks linked to international trade transactions and elaborate solutions to cover them.
In order to reinforce our teams in Brussels, we are currently looking for a Legal Counsel (m/f).
Your responsibilities will be:
- Managing claim files related to export transactions or buyer credits financing such exports on a worldwide basis and in many different jurisdictions and sectors of the economy. You have frequent contacts with exporters, banks, embassies and external advisers. You are involved in and negotiate international debt restructurings.
- Advising on a broad range of legal matters, mainly in the field of company, insolvency and (re)insurance law, always in an international context. Stakeholders are the management, the other departments of the company and the clients.
- Monitoring the regulatory environment in which Credendo operates. You respond to legal and structural changes, making a significant contribution to the group strategy. You are also involved in upgrading or shaping new insurance or funding products.
- You have a master's degree in law, ideally supplemented with additional training in finance or corporate law.
- You have an experience, preferably 3 years, in a reputed law firm
- You show very good oral and written proficiency in Dutch, French and English, of which one is your mother language.
- You have excellent communication skills and a strong influencing capability.
- You are business-oriented and drawn to the financial aspects of all international trade transactions.
- You like working autonomously and show team spirit.
- You handle stress well.
- You are willing to travel occasionally.
- A challenging career in a multilingual and international environment.
- Continuous learning opportunities to develop your talent.
- An attractive salary package.
- Our Belgian offices are located in the center of Brussels, easily accessible by public transport.
Others also viewed
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
12 days left to apply
- Function type: In-house lawyers
- Sector: Finances and insurance
- Brussels (location)
- All jobs at Credendo
- Master (University or Higher Education Long Type)
- At least 2 years experience
- Dutch, English, French