Our client, amfori is the leading global business association for open and sustainable trade. They bring together over 2,300 retailers, importers, brands, and national associations representing a combined turnover of more than one trillion euros. Their goal is to enable organizations to enhance human prosperity, use natural resources responsibly and drive open trade globally.
amfori is currently looking to strengthen their team with a new Learning and Development specialist focused on upgrading our content portfolio and creating new training content.
This is a rapidly developing sector where Capacity Building is becoming increasingly important and valued by all stakeholders.
In this role you will have significant autonomy, opportunity to create training content for sustainability
topics, and significant strategic input.
It would suit an L&D professional who is looking to have a large professional and societal impact focused on the improvement of working conditions in developing countries, and empowering brands to emphasize sustainability in their supply chains more effectively.
Learning and Development Specialist
The Capacity Building team are responsible for coordinating both live instructor-led and on-demand e-learning training content. These are designed to improve the performance of retail brands, their suppliers, and third party auditors on social, environmental or governance topics related to supply chain due diligence. We use a learning management system (Totara LMS) and leverage a network of third party trainers and service providers.Your regular activities would include:
- Learning strategy and approach to the learning needs of our audience
- Conduct research (consultant report, user data, interviews) and review our current content portfolio, and identify and implement improvements to the learning approach and content
- Creating new content, adapting content based on inputs from our subject matter experts
- Create new training content (using your recommended learning solutions, which may include live instructor led training, e-learning, blended learning, community/group learning and/or cohort-based learning groups)
- Work with third party service providers as necessary to deliver our updates in required timelines
- Communicate the updated content to our network of third party trainers in different countries
- You create blended learning content for social and environmental due diligence topics based on documents and expert input.
- Monitoring the uptake and usage of training content and approach changes with a basic level of quantitative analysis
- Owning the training needs analysis document – audiences and needs mapped against learning solutions, and ensuring this is effective.
- We do not require a university degree – your experience is more important. You should already have some years of relevant experience in Learning and Development or Capacity Building / Capacity Development.
- You do not need to have experience in the sustainability, human rights or environment sector; however a demonstrated interest in this space is mandatory – our work affects large numbers of workers in developing countries, and must be approached with their needs as a priority
- You should have several years of Instructional Design experience: gathering requirements from subject matter experts, optimal learning approach, developing content through storyboarding to a final version of content
- You are able to create content using a combination of e-learning authoring and delivery tools. These could include, but are not strictly limited to: Articulate (especially Rise 360), Powerpoint or Keynote, Interaction tools (Instructor-led training and E-learning formats), webinar delivery tools and interaction tools e.g. Zoom, Mentimeter, or others, and community approaches e.g. Circle community platform
- You have an excellent knowledge of English, both written and spoken. A good knowledge of the following languages would be an asset: Chinese (Mandarin), Turkish, Hindi, Bangla or Bengali, Urdu, Spanish, German, French, Vietnamese, Burmese, Malay, Indonesian/Bahasa.
- You are able to systematically track deadlines and relevant communications (e.g. how to work with multiple teams on a project to a fixed deadline and keep all stakeholders engaged), and are comfortable assimilating new content topics – one day the subject could be living wage for workers in Bangladeshi ready-made-garments sector, another day it could be chemical disposal protocols for a farming cooperative.
- A permanent contract based in Brussels
- An exciting international environment located in Brussels with growth opportunities.
- An interesting remuneration package, with extralegal advantages: lunch vouchers, group insurance, DKV hospital and dental insurance and other interesting extralegal advantages.
Surf to jobs.hudsonsolutions.com and apply online.
Your response will be dealt with promptly and confidentially.
Contact Xavier Van Brabant, Senior Consultant at Show number+32 496 93 33 72 or Xavier.email@example.com