Toyota Boshoku Europe, part of the Toyota Group, is a leading international and innovative company with more than 40,000 employees worldwide, specializing in automotive interior parts. Its main activities are the development, production and marketing of car interior parts.Toyota Boshoku Europe, the Belgian division established in 2005, acts as a coordination center. The business in Belgium is based in Zaventem.
Laboratory technician - material and product evaluation engineer
- The Evaluation Engineering Department is responsible for coordinating and performing material and product evaluations for seats & interiors of cars.
- You will be responsible for performing material and product evaluations on behalf of R&D staff.
- You prepare test fixtures according to Toyota Boshoku standard or work instruction.
- You perform tests on materials (plastic, textile, metals, adhesives, etc.) and finished products, and accurately report the results.
- You make the laboratory test plan in consultation with the team leader.
- You are jointly responsible for monitoring laboratory maintenance; maintenance and calibration plan, purchase of consumables and commissioning of new equipment.
- Follow up and monitor the implementation of safety procedures.
- TSO 3rd degree Chemistry, production and process technology, or engineering sciences.
- Professional (targeted) Bachelor's degree (PBA) is an added value.
- Or equivalent through experience
- Not required, but experience with material testing is a plus.
- You highly value the quality of your work and strive to do better all the time.
- You are stress-resistant and work accurately.
- You can work well with others in a team.
- Knowledge of MS Office (excel, word, powerpoint)
- Fluent in English
- Driving license B
- Willing to travel abroad for short periods of time (3-5%)
- No physical limitation to handle/lift/carry parts (max 25 kg)
Toyota Boshoku Europe offers a challenging position in a growth-oriented company with a young and dynamic working atmosphere.