3 of 7Next
You will be embedded in the research team of Wim Versées within the center for Structural Biology of the Flemish Institute for Biotechnology (VIB) and the Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB). In this way you will become part of a highly international, dynamic and multi-disciplinary research environment.
As a lab technician you will contribute to different aspects of the ongoing research programs of the Versées-lab, which aims to study proteins and enzymes involved in both bacterial pathogenesis and neurological disorders.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Performing molecular biology techniques (recombinant DNA technology, PCR, …)
- Recombinant production and purification of proteins
- Assist in and conduct biochemical (ELISA, enzymatic assays) and biophysical experiments
- Discuss your results with the expert scientists and plan new experiments
- Take responsibilities in daily lab organization (stock management, equipment maintenance, etc.)
Required technical skills
- You possess at least a (professional) Bachelor degree in Biomedical or Biological Sciences, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or equivalent.
- Proficient in standard molecular biology techniques.
- Experience with at least some of following techniques: Recombinant DNA technology, protein purification, biochemical assays (ELISA, enzymatic assays), affinity determination (Biacore, Octet), ...
Required general skills
- Meticulous, detail-oriented, independent and self-motivated.
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to accurately compile and document the work (proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Willing to learn new techniques, expand your knowledge, and take over responsibilities.
- Good command of English (oral and written)
- The candidate will be offered a fixed-term contract (1 year, renewable).
- We provide a supportive and international environment in a world-class academic context, which results in a rewarding and highly stimulating working environment, at the forefront of life science.
- Hospitalisation insurance .
- Free use of public transport for your home–work commute.
- Starting date: as soon as possible.
For more information, please contact Wim Versées.
This address could not be found.
We could not find a route between the two addresses.
Others also viewed
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
19 days left to apply
- Function type: Lab
- Sector: Science and Research
- Elsene (location)
- All jobs at VIB - Vlaams Instituut voor Biotechnologie
- Professional bachelor (Higher Education Short Type)