1 of 3Next
About Flanders Make:
Flanders Make is the strategic research centre for the manufacturing industry. From our establishments across Flanders, we stimulate open innovation through excellent research. As we bring together companies and research institutions, we help to realise concrete product and production innovations in the vehicle industry, mechanical engineering and production environments. Today, Flanders Make has more than 500 researchers working together full-time as a unique research community on a joint industrial research agenda.
Flanders Make offers you a challenging job and the opportunity to develop yourself in a fascinating and motivating work environment with short communication lines.
Lab manager - Technician (Leuven)
For the new labs on our new site in Leuven, we are looking for a lab coordinator who coordinates the organisation of various labs and keeps them in a proper operational state and, from his own expertise, participates in the construction of prototype machines such as, for instance, an autonomous tractor, a new transmission, fruit picking robots, drones for logistic applications, smart production lines with robots, new-generation 3D printing machines and much more.
In practise, this entails the following:
- Lab coordination and maintenance
- You organise the operations of the lab in cooperation with technicians, engineers and researchers; you select, for instance, the location of new prototype machines and ensure the safety of analysts, e.g. by constructing safety cages, you ensure the management and stock-taking of all equipment and materials, the calibration of measuring devices...
- You keep the lab in a proper operational state
- You buy tools and measuring devices for the lab from the best suppliers based on price, quality and service and build strong business relationships with these suppliers.
- Technical tasks
- From your technical expertise, you build – together with other technicians and engineers – new prototype machines, service existing ones and disassemble those that are no longer used.
- Are an experienced technician;
- Have experience with servicing machines;
- Take initiative and focus on results;
- Combine good organisational skills with decisiveness;
- Have good social skills, both in Dutch and English.
Flanders Make gives you the opportunity to work:
- In a young, multidisciplinary and international team;
- On machines and technology of the future with concrete applications in the lab;
- In direct cooperation with leading companies in the manufacturing industry and with top universities;
- With room for initiative and ownership and increasing responsibilities;
- On your further development in the direction that is co-determined by you;
- In a growing research institution that you can help to shape.
We work on projects on 3 sites. Most of your assignments will be situated on our site in Leuven.
To apply for this job opportunity, please complete the online application form and download your motivation letter and CV.
This address could not be found.
We could not find a route between the two addresses.
Others also viewed
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
29 days left to apply
- Function type: (electro)mechanical technician
- Sector: Science and Research
- Heverlee (location)
- All jobs at Flanders Make vzw
- Secondary education
- At least 5 years experience