From our regional headquarters based in Zaventem (Brussels area), our team ensures the development and supports manufacturing of high-quality car interior components.
To reinforce our foothold in Europe and Africa, we are looking for individuals who have the courage and creativity to set lofty goals and continually challenge themselves to attain them. Interested in working for an international and dynamic company? We currently are looking for a:
Junior Test Engineer
Responsibility of the function starts with required evaluation selection according to development targets/product characteristics in close communication with colleagues from the R&D department within Toyota Boshoku Europe or Japan and continues with planning and execution until all evaluations are finalized and result outcome is examined and reported. You will analyze the failure reason and support design departments in countermeasure development by providing technical insight.
- Prepare correct test setup according to technical standards and receive reliable evaluation results.
- Understand and examine evaluation results, report and communicate results to related parties.
- Support manufacturing plants on problem analysis and support in developing countermeasures for serial production issues.
- Support lead Engineers during project development or R&D related activities
- Work and communicate closely with related parties (TBEU R&D, TB Japan and customer) in following up ongoing and planned evaluations and problem analysis.
- Continuously focus on improving quality of evaluation output by studying and comparing test method to known standards and propose & implement improvement actions.
- Maintaining equipment & calibration schedule and inventory management system.
As a Junior Test Engineer, you will join the Evaluation Engineering Department where you - with the support of your team members - will learn a broad amount of tests and testing equipment dedicated to automotive seats. In addition to the daily activities, you will support the department by maintaining the equipment maintenance & calibration schedule, joining regular safety audits and follow up on consumable stock control & inventory management.
Internal and external trainings will enable you to grow and pick up responsibilities while developing yourself in an environment that is open for improvements to support your daily tasks and/or efficiency.
- Bachelor or master degree in engineering field, preferably in mechanical or industrial engineering or equal.
- Analytical approach with hands on mentality
- Team player who can adapt to the Japanese business culture
- Interest and affinity to work with diverse testing equipment and equipment-dedicated software packages
- Good knowledge of MS Office.
- Working level efficiency in English.
- Strong communication skill
- Basic knowledge of CATIA is an asset.
- Willing to travel abroad for short to mid long terms (5-15%)
- No physical restriction to handle/lift/carry parts (max 25 kg)
This address could not be found.
We could not find a route between the two addresses.