Ingenieur Converged Infrastructure
- Permanent, Full-time
Ingenieur Converged Infrastructure
We work very closely together with a client in the city center of Brussels that develops critical systems that are saving many lives on a daily base in Belgium.
During the Covid-19 crisis, their systems are already making a huge difference in the amount of lives that can be saved.
To further improve the critical systems (and to save more lives), they are in need of a general infrastructure engineer to further converge their systems.
Before the crisis they were already missing one infrastructure expert in their team of 10 infrastructure engineers to manage the systems and to further improve it.
This crisis emphasis the importance of an additional system infrastructure engineer to complete their team and to achieve their common mission.
Would you like to be part of an IT team that saves lives?
Your mission and responsibilities
As an engineer in converged infrastructure you report directly to the person in charge of this team and are responsible for the following tasks:
- Managing the (hyper)converged infrastructure, monitoring and optimizing the capacity of the various components of the system (CPU, Switching, Storage);
- Formulating and implementing proposals for optimizing the overall operation of the platforms, taking into account the technical and financial parameters;
- The management of performance and capacity monitoring tools and the creation of reports on these data;
- Monitoring the maintenance and support activities entrusted to suppliers;
- Drawing up and implementing a vision for the future (roadmap) in order to maintain and evolve the current systems and their components (both hardware and software);
- Rolling out new projects on this infrastructure in collaboration with the other technical teams.
What makes you eligible for this position?
- You have a master's or engineering degree in Computer Science/Electronics /Telecommunication or another higher education diploma combined with a solid and relevant IT experience;
- You have at least 3 years of relevant experience in the deployment and management of IT infrastructure;
- You have a very good knowledge of the different applications of virtualization techniques (from servers and workstations, networks, operating systems and security).
- Certification for VMWare's products is an asset;
- You have a good knowledge of Cisco, Nutanix or NetApp systems. Knowledge of WAN technologies is considered an asset;
- You have the necessary experience to independently manage projects to evolve converged infrastructures or to roll out new applications;
- You are a team player and you can manage priorities;
- Languages: Fluent in Dutch or French with a very good level in English
Our client offers
- A permanent contract directly with the client on their own payroll (contract duration unspecified)
- An interesting and rewarding position for a infrastructure specialist where you will receive the responsibility to take important decisions related to the systems that will save many lives
- Working in a company and in a great team that is a proven added value to our national community
- A very attractive salary package with nice benefits (such as a full health- and group insurance, a company car with fuel card, …)
- Training and career development opportunities within the company.
- 32 days of holidays per year (based on a fully worked year in the previous calendar year)
Are you interested to learn more about this opportunity?
Don't hesitate to apply now!
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
- Professional bachelor (Higher Education Short Type)
- Dutch, English
- 28 May
Receive jobs by e-mail
Receive new 'Installation & maintenance engineers' jobs straight to your mailbox.