Head of Engineering (Offshore Wind)
- ENGIE Solutions
- Permanent, Full-time
Head of Engineering (Offshore Wind)
As a major player in the growing European Offshore Wind sector, ENGIE Solutions is constantly seeking innovative solutions. In this regard, we developed the multidisciplinary concept of the Offshore High-Voltage Substation (OHVS) to optimize exporting power generated by a wind farm. Our capacity to take an OHVS project from the initial feed studies through to operation and maintenance and to deliver on-time has greatly contributed to an increasing number of wind farm investors calling on our involvement.
Find out what your next professional challenge will be and apply now!As Head of Engineering you will take the lead of the design, engineering & infrastructure teams and coordinate the engineering resources development and management according to the needs and strategy. This in order to achieve excellence in construction, monitoring and maintenance activities for OHVS installations. Furthermore, you will define the business strategy for the department.
The engineering teams can count on your leadership to simulate and encourage the development of innovative solutions. You monitor quality and assess the input of your teams, partners, suppliers and subcontractors. Around the key discipline engineers you organize, lead, coordinate and control a centralized engineering pool for the LV & auxiliary scope (mechanical & electrical lead engineers), automation, 3D design, transport & installation. In addition, you ensure the cohesion between the teams of all reporting sections.
In collaboration with your colleagues from Procurement and Construction, you secure project objectives for the ENGIE Solutions scope through installing efficiency by developing & implementing integrated (engineering) tools, systems, working methods & (collaboration) processes (e.g. BIM) and monitoring their correct use.
You also provide support towards Construction & Commissioning by defining procedures, tools and systems to organize the works for the construction of the products (resources, tools, quality, H&S,…).
Finally, you improve efficiency thanks to lessons learned (“learning team”).
Do you possess the following qualifications & skills?
- you have a master’s degree in engineering. It is a clear asset to supplement this with an excellent track record related to engineering for offshore applications & circumstances
- you have very good knowledge of engineering, procurement & construction activities optimization – learning organization
- with your experience in motivating & supervising engineering teams in an international context, you have gathered the necessary leadership skills to lead our teams to further excellence
- you are able to manage good relationships with the client and our partners while monitoring ENGIE Solutions' interests
- communication skills: English & Dutch. Knowledge of French and/or German is definitely an added value
Then join our experts in the various innovative and exciting projects of ENGIE Solutions. You get the opportunity to use your technical skills as well as to discover cutting-edge technologies that will lead us further to a zero-carbon future.
Joining ENGIE Solutions is more than that! You also get:
- a competitive salary in line with your education and experience
- fringe benefits such as meal vouchers, concessionary travel, hospitalization- & group insurance
- interesting training and career opportunities
This address could not be found.
We could not find a route between the two addresses.
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
- Master (University or Higher Education Long Type)
- At least 5 years experience
- Dutch, English, French, German
- 17 May
Receive jobs by e-mail
Receive new 'Project leader, technical responsible' jobs in Antwerp & Port of Antwerp straight to your mailbox.