Head of Client Services
- Michael Page
- Permanent, Full-time
Head of Client Services
Our client offers a wide range of products including Payments & Cash Management, Cash Clearing services, Trade Finance services, Factoring and Foreign Exchange services with a strong expertise of a large international banking group and experience spanning over many years
Part of the Global Transaction Banking business line, the Client Service team is a Client-facing team within the Payments & Cash Management & the Trade Finance department, and the role of the Head of Client Service is to lead this team in their day to day activity.
The team is key to the delivery and support of the transactional banking products and services, which is achieved by adhering to these objectives:
- Supervising the team to ensure that a high-quality service is delivered, this is achieved by verifying that all tasks are completed accurately and correctly first time, every time
- Demonstrating clear and effective communication by providing both colleagues and Clients with relevant information and comprehensive answers to their enquiries
As part of a Client-facing team, your role requires a strong client service orientation, detailed operational process knowledge, good planning and communication skills as well as professional integrity at all times.
You will be an effective team player and possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) with the ability to build and influence business relationships at operational levels of our multicultural organisation.
The responsabilities of the candidate will be the following:
- Lead, support and develop the Client Support team to ensure they have both the knowledge and skills required to perform their role
- Management of individual application rights to ensure that the Client Support team have access to the tools and data necessary to perform their role
- Working with the front office sales team to facilitate the delivery of products and services for Clients.
- Co-ordinating Client on-boarding, account opening and closure within the team
- Supervising the implementation and support of both domestic and international Cash Management products and services and trade finance transactions
- Quality control checks to ensure that processes are correctly performed and completed
- Manage the operational relationship with both settlement agents and correspondent banks
- Interact with back office teams to ensure that all business activity is conducted and completed in accordance with regulation and policy
- Creates and maintains required documentation/manuals to work towards standardizing implementation processes
- Ensure Credit/Risk recommendations, Compliance, KYC Procedures and other GTB Procedures Guidelines / Manuals are implemented and adhered to
- Develop a close relationship with Client throughout the pre, mid and post implementation stages
- Ensure a proper task segregation as per target operating model guidelines and promote/implement central initiatives aiming at improving client centricity and satisfaction
The successfull candidate should demonstrate:
- A Master's degree in Economics, Business or alike
- A proven experience in transactional banking or Middle Office for Trade Finance & Cash management products
- Fluency in Dutch, English and French language
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Ability to effectively manage a team
- Excellent communication skills with colleagues from different professional and cultural backgrounds
- Strong ability to build and develop relationships with internal as well as external clients
- A flexible attitude and adaptable approach
- Able to work autonomously and use initiative where appropriate
- Organised and able to prioritise work appropriately
- Understanding the regulatory regime that applies to the provision of Payments Services and Trade Finance
- Analytical skills
- Presentation skills are required to facilitate team meetings and provide training for both Clients and colleagues
- Articulate, friendly and approachable Team player
Our client offers a competitive package with a wide range of benefits
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
- Master (University or Higher Education Long Type)
- 10 November
Receive jobs by e-mail
Receive new 'Banking' jobs in Brussels straight to your mailbox.