1 of 3Next
Boortmalt (the malting business of the French cooperative group AXEREAL) is the largest malting company globally with 3 million tons of malt sold throughout the world every year. The company is one of the largest industrial malts producers in the world and more than 50% of the total European malt export passes through the Port of Antwerp, making Antwerp the malt capital of Europe, and Boortmalt its logistic heart. With 1000 employees spread over 5 continents the company is focused on producing an extensive range of high- quality malt types in order to meet the requirements of its brewing and distilling customers around the world. By using the most modern production techniques and with its far-reaching logistics capability, it is able to supply world markets both effectively and efficiently. Last December, Boortmalt acquired the malt business of Cargill and consequently the company has doubled in size, from 10 sites in Europe to 20 sites across the globe (and from 300 to 1000 employees).
Group BI & Datawarehouse Manager
• You design and implement data warehouse architecture in collaboration with the global applications architect and with reference to the company’s global IT strategy.
• You set up, implement and manage the acquisition, transformation and data loading processes in a high volume, high availability, data warehouse SaaS environment.
• You make sure projects are delivered within time and budget. You monitor the ongoing operations of the databases to ensure they function properly and remain up to date.
• You provide information about the capabilities of database systems and help employees to learn how to use new systems or features.
• You mentor other colleagues in the delivery of services and in developing, maintaining, and troubleshooting database-related incidents.
• You develop a BI strategy within the organisation by performing an analysis on its processes.
• In close collaboration with the business and the IT department you build the most suitable solutions around BI and reporting needs.
• You manage, troubleshoot and optimise the BI/report generation processes.
• You ensure structured documentation of all software solutions & procedures.
• You work from the HQ of Boortmalt, located in the Port of Antwerp and travel up to 30% of your time across the globe. You report to the Chief Information & Digitalisation Officer.
• You have a Master level of thinking, with at least 5 years of experience in BI/Datawarehouse. Experience in an international manufacturing environment is a must.
• You have experience in design, deployment, and management of large scale data services (multi satellite applications).
• You have a proven track record in automating, extraction, transformation, standardisation and load processes in a high volume data warehouse service environment.
• You have a good understanding of business processes in the organisation, you are able to detect the businesses’ needs and propose appropriate solutions.
• You have an international and multicultural mind set and you get your energy from traveling to the different production sites across the globe.
• You are assertive, hands-on and you have an entrepreneurial mind set.
• You are fluent in English and preferably also French. Knowledge of Spanish is an advantage.
• Boortmalt is a global leading player with an excellent reputation, known for its expertise and knowhow to deliver high quality products and services.
• You will be working in a company culture where people “create their own job”: you will get a lot of autonomy, responsibility and freedom in performing your tasks.
• Since you will be responsible for negotiating business in different parts of the world, you will have a lot of international contacts.
• You become part of a fast-changing organisation, going from a regional business to a global scope.
• You can count on the cooperation and the full support of the management that encourages the personal development of its employees.
• You will receive an attractive, competitive salary package to reward your efforts.
In this assignment we are partnering with Mercuri Urval, specialists in Executive Search, Professional Recruitment and Talent Advisory. For additional information please contact Katrin Broes, via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
This address could not be found.
We could not find a route between the two addresses.
Others also viewed
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
49 days left to apply
- Function type: Project management
- Sector: Raw materials, agriculture and food
- Antwerpen (location)
- All jobs via Mercuri Urval
- Master (University or Higher Education Long Type)
- At least 5 years experience
- Dutch, English, French, Spanish
- Company car