At Delhaize, we all have one thing in common: a passion for retail. But passion is not the only thing that makes us put that smile on our customers' faces every day. We also all carry the same values: courage, caring, teamwork, integrity and humor. Because at Delhaize, we strive to make life better for our customers, together with all our associates.
As Forecaster within e-commerce you develop statistically accurate forecasts and coordinate with key stakeholders to ensure the right stock levels for Delhaize’s e-commerce channel, taking into consideration commercial objectives and operational constraints. Your goal is to improve service level KPIs (online availability, order & item completeness), while keeping operational costs (shrink, picking costs, etc.) under control. You achieve this through continuous tracking & reporting, and advising on improvements. You will report to the E-Commerce Commercial Manager and work closely together with the e-commerce commercial & operations teams as well as the broader Delhaize data & analytics and forecasting & replenishment teams.
- Online sales forecasting: Develop and evaluate online sales forecasts depending on statistical modeling, operational capacity and marketing strategies.
- Improve statistical accuracy of forecasting algorithms: Assess and improve statistical accuracy of existing forecasting algorithms in collaboration with data and analytics team.
- Target setting: In collaboration with operational & commercial teams, set targets for service level KPI that ensure the right balance between sales, customer satisfaction & operational costs.
- Track & report on service level KPI: Continuously track and report on service level KPIs, with a focus on sensitive items, campaign items & high-runners.
- Align with key stakeholders such as e-commerce operations, data & analytics, replenishment, etc. to ensure that service level targets are met.
- Act on deviations versus forecasts: Mitigate the risks of inaccurate forecasts by taking the necessary actions in case of deviations.
- Master in Applied Economics, Commercial Engineering, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or similar.
- Minimum 3 years in retail industry (merchandising, forecasting, supply chain, purchasing, etc.), preferably in food retail.
- Proven analytical skills
- Result-driven approach
- Experience with BI tools
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Trilingual: Dutch, French, English
Possibility to work from home: 3 days
Petrol card / Fuel card for electric charging
Individual hospital insurance
Family hospital insurance
A job and a rich private life at the same time? At Delhaize it is possible.
You receive an attractive salary adapted to your experience. You will also enjoy various fringe benefits: company car with fuel or charge card within the federal mobility budget, mobile phone plus subscription, net allowance, annual bonus, meal vouchers, extensive group insurance and optional hospitalisation allowance, and of course a staff discount in the shop!
Teleworking speaks for itself and is handled differently for each job.