9 of 15Next
Athora is an insurance and reinsurance group fully focused on the European market. We focus on growing our franchise, via acquisition, transfer or reinsurance of portfolios from other insurers, and delivering a competitive long-term return to our customers. Our principal operational subsidiaries are Athora Lebensversicherung in Germany, Athora Ireland in Ireland, Athora Belgium in Belgium and Athora Life Re, a Bermuda-domiciled reinsurer. On June 7th, 2019, Athora announced the acquisition of Vivat in the Netherlands. Pro-format of Vivat acquisition, Athora will have about 2,500 employees, 3,000,000 policyholders and total consolidated assets of approximately €70 billion. We have ambitious plans to grow our business across Europe and we are looking for likeminded people to join us on our journey.
Athora Belgium has 400 employees, serves 530,000 customers and offers a range of Life and Non-Life insurances through a network of around 1,000 independent brokers. The total premium income in 2018 was approximately € 685 million. The asset portfolio of Athora Belgium is approximately € 6.5 billion.
Financial Systems Expert
- the setup including business requirements in accounting and investment : Begaap, IFRS and Solvency II,
- the implementation,
- And ensuring appropriate migration and performing testing in order to grant the completeness and accuracy of the operations.
- You have a Master or Bachelor degree in Economics, Accounting, Finance or Mathematics
- You have at least 3 years experience as investment accountant or Business Analyst/Consultant within the financial sector (bank, insurer, asset manager or software provider)
- You ideally have a background in investment accounting (Belgian Gaap and IFRS Gaap), a strong interest in financial markets and technology
- Knowledge of hedge accounting is a plus
- You have strong analytical skills and you are IT minded
- You are quick learner and able to train and share knowledge
- You have good communication and presentation skills
- You can work in team as well as autonomously
- You can easily adapt to change
- You are able to deal with challenges and deadlines
- You are solutions oriented
- You are fluent in English both spoken and written and in French or Dutch
HR Business Partner
Others also viewed
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
15 days left to apply
- Function type: Accounting
- Sector: Finances and insurance
- Elsene (location)
- All jobs at Athora Belgium
- Professional bachelor (Higher Education Short Type)
- At least 5 years experience