- Johnson Controls, Inc.
In the Sales Support BMS department, we are looking for a:
Sales Support Engineer - Estimator
What you will do
The Sales Support Engineer is a member of the sales support team for the division Building Management Solutions and reports to the Sales Support Manager. In this role you work closely with the sales- and operations team to develop the solid proposals and present the best possible solution to the customer. You will work within a dynamic environment where high quality and innovative solutions are the standard.
You will manage the pre-sales-engineers process from the customer’s requirements translating it to a commercial offer which contains the best solution for the Client. You will mostly be involved in calculating the larger and more complex projects, including for our global accounts.
The position is located in Diegem, however occasional travel to our customers is required.
How you will do it
As a Sales Support Engineer you have the ability to work out the best solution for the client technically and commercially. You will be in charge of your own process and are expected to collect all needed information within the deadlines. Responsibilities of your role include, but are not limited to:
- Using the estimation tools & procedures
- Management of data from previous calculations
- Pre-bid review meetings
- Evaluation of the risks which could impact prices
- You manage /validate prices of subcontractors to incorporate in your calculation
- Assistance in specification deviations or interpretation differences in relation to request from customer
- Cooperation with sales- and operations team to understand the customer’s requirements
- Site visits to understand customer’s requirements if needed
- Updating price databases for materials / hourly rates etc.
You believe that the best work is done in teams. You are technically well educated and have affinity with the commercial part of the job. Next to this, you are creative and can deal with unclear scopes or changes. You are intellectually curious – driving continuous learning. You also understand that internal and external collaboration drives improvement and best practice.
What we look for
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or an equivalent degree.
- Experience in a similar role within a technology driven environment
- Highly preferable: experience with Building Management Systems / “Meet- en Regeltechniek” and system knowledge
- Conceptual and pragmatic thinker
- Self-starter and able to lead the process
- Used to work in a team environment and collaborate closely with team members to drive projects to a success
- Communicating effectively
- Proactive attitude
- Language knowledge: Dutch, French and English
- Is familiar with MS-Excel; MS-Visio and MS-Project
What we offer
We allow you to excel in your role and have a true impact in our business. You will be working on challenging and divers projects involving an innovative technology. Also, we offer a broad spectrum of development opportunities within our global organization. Our terms and conditions are market competitive.
Interested in joining our team? Please apply via our website (highly preferable) or send your application to Talent Acquisition BeNeLux via firstname.lastname@example.org
Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
The referral program applies to this vacancy.
This address could not be found.
We could not find a route between the two addresses.
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
- Primary education
- 6 August
Receive jobs by e-mail
Receive new 'External sales / representative' jobs in Brussels straight to your mailbox.