Environmental and Social Analyst
- Permanent, Full-time
Environmental and Social Analyst
As an Environmental and Social Analyst you will ensure compliance of credit insurance activities with environmental and social regulations and international standards.
Based on your environmental and social expertise you contribute to the company’s strategic goals regarding corporate sustainability.
You will report to the Group Compliance Officer and work within the Compliance department.
- You will screen, analyse, give recommendations about and review applications for officially supported export credit transactions and projects regarding their potential environmental and social impact, and benchmark them against international standards, such as those of the OECD and the World Bank Group, in close collaboration with the underwriting department.
- You will assess the potential risks and impacts related to the environment and to human rights to ensure that the project or transaction is or will be performed according to international standards.
- You will monitor compliance with the environmental and social requirements related to the projects or transactions, accepted for officially supported export credits, which may include client visits and participation in site visits.
- You will assist in the implementation of environmental and social regulations within the company.
- You will actively monitor legislation, participate to international fora and meetings and inform stakeholders.
- You will prepare internal and external communication and draft reports on these matters.
- You will train colleagues in the underwriting department and build awareness regarding environmental and social sustainability.
- You will keep your knowledge of current legislation regarding environmental and social aspects up to date.
- You will contribute to the continuous improvement of procedures and working methods within the team.
- You have a master’s degree, preferably in a science-related field.
- You have 3 - 5 years of experience in a similar position (e.g. as an environmental consultant). Knowledge of environmental legislation is a must-have in this position.
- You are fluent in Dutch, French and English.
- You have excellent analytical and communication skills (written and oral).
- You have strong interpersonal skills and a business mindset.
- You have good project management and organisational skills.
- You are diplomatic and respect work ethics.
- A full-time permanent contract in a stable, multilingual and international environment.
- A job with many social contacts and variety.
- Continuous learning opportunities to develop your talents.
- An attractive salary supplemented by a number of fringe benefits (meal vouchers, hospitalisation insurance, extralegal pension, mobility budget, flex reward etc.).
- Our Belgian offices are located in the centre of Brussels, easily accessible by public transport.
This address could not be found.
We could not find a route between the two addresses.
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
- Master (University or Higher Education Long Type)
- At least 2 years experience
- Dutch, English, French
- 14 September
Receive jobs by e-mail
Receive new 'Finance, Research & development' jobs in Brussels straight to your mailbox.