CoMoveIT is a young dynamic spin-off from KU Leuven, Bruges campus, founded in 2021. We are a team of 5 people with our offices in Bruges. We develop and sell AI-based control systems for electronic wheelchairs for people with complex movement disorders. Our mission is to bring independent mobility and change people’s lives!
As we continue to invest in innovation, we recently started a Vlaio-supported development project for the next generation AI-based steering system.
For this and further development, we are now hiring an Embedded Software Engineer.
Embedded Software Engineer
You work at the heart of our product. The unique algorithm that ensures automatic adaptation of the wheelchair control to the user is in your hands and you will develop this further to future generations with additional functionality and improved performance.
- This involves A to Z embedded software programming for complex modules in a safety critical application.
- You define, program, test, implement, maintain, enhance and support your design in our products.
- Your design goes hand in hand with the hardware development.
- You also compose the related documentation from requirements over design history files and test reporting.
As a start-up company CoMoveIT, the scope of the function is expected to be broader than programming only. Depending on your interest and competences, this can involve technical assistance, internal IT support, scanning of new technologies and alike.
- Excellent knowledge and at least 2 years experience in C/C++ programming for industrial applications
- Master or Bachelor Degree with knowledge and experience on:
- Embedding real time solutions in microcontrollers and Embedded RTOS
- Microcontroller-based communication systems (CAN, UART, SPI, I2C, …)
- ARM Cortex-M and ARM Cortex-A architectures
- Experience with safety critical applications (e.g. medical devices) is a strong plus
- Fluent in English, preferably with a good level in Dutch
- A unique opportunity to take a crucial role in an ambitious, fast evolving start-up
- A correct salary based on your level of experience, incl. meal vouchers, eco vouchers, coverage of internet costs, 13th month.
- A flexible approach of starting time (7 – 9h) and holiday scheduling.
- Flexibility for an occasional day of homeworking, although the job requires office presence
- A nice co-working environment with 15 other start-ups at Brugge.INC
- An easy-to-reach location without Brussels/Antwerp/Gent traffic jams or at a 10min walk from the railway station.
Apply and send your CV to Show application form!
A positive CV screening leads to one or two interview steps within a few weeks.